1998 Toyota 4Runner

1998 Toyota 4Runner Prices
1998 Toyota 4Runner Fuel Economy
My Forever Ride by Gladys on 03/09/2012. Trim: 1998 Toyota 4Runner 2WD, Owned 10 years.
Pros: I wanted a pickup but I needed a passenger car. The 4 runner was perfect. I bought it with 53K miles I've owned it for 9 years. I have kept up with oil changes, flushings, trans fluids changed breaks, tires, it has been well maintained and it still drives good and still comfortable. I have 211,000 miles on it. Someone said it will last until 300,000. I want to keep it forever because I can't afford to get another.
Cons: Nothing, I just love my 4 runner.
Overall review: Would love to have less miles on it because I do do a lot of driving with husband, grandchildren etc. I am the only dependable one that can go here and there and not worry about breaking down. (knock on wood)
Great value by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/24/2008. Trim: 1998 Toyota 4Runner 2WD, Owned 10 years.
Pros: 187000 miles. No problems.
Cons: None
Overall review: Car is still going strong.
I LOVE my truck by atears on 07/07/2004. Trim: 1998 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Extremely reliable, high resale value. Sharp looking. Very well made. Low maintenance.
Cons: Cupholders. No biggie
Overall review: I LOVE my truck. We are about to turn over 100,000 and finally find out what a properly broken-in Toyota can do!!!!! I'll drive her until the wheels fall off, but we'll probably be flying spaceships before that happens.
Wouldn't trade it for anything by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/10/2003. Trim: 1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 2WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: This is a great choice for anyone wanting to buy an SUV. Whether you've never owned one or are wanting to try something else out, the Toyota 4Runner is one of the best out there. I've had my '98 SR5 2WD for a year and a half and LOVE IT. The seats are very comfortable (has adjustable lumbar support) and the gas mileage is impressive for a larger vehicle. As a female driver, I always have lots of people (especially males) commenting on what a great-looking SUV it is...and I have to agree. I haven't had a SINGLE thing go wrong with it in the time it's been mine. I would DEFINITELY buy another 4Runner...only after I've driven the wheels off of this one!
Cons: There's nothing noteworthy that I don't like about it. Of course it drives like a truck over bumps, etc., but it isn't enough of a "dislike" that would prevent me from recommending it to others.
Overall review: EXCELLENT! If you're considering buying an SUV, you'd be doing yourself a favor to at least test drive one and see how you like it. They aren't the most inexpensive vehicles out there, but keep in mind that they retain their value VERY WELL. Plus, I truly believe that what you pay for is what you get.
A good truck by Brian from Phx, AZ on 05/20/2003. Trim: 1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Dependable
Cons: Seating comfort is not very good, hard seats
Overall review: Mechanically, the vehicle is very sound. Just some small trim issues.