1998 Toyota Tacoma

Not a bad choice by Fal from Chicago, IL on 08/04/2001. Trim: 1998 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I really like the truck. I live in the city and the tacoma is small enough to park which is a big advantage compared to other larger vehicles. It runs very well, with penty of power for a four cylinder. I towed 4000 pounds up the Apalachian Mountains on my way from North Carolina to Illinois with out a problem.
Cons: I have a rattle behind the seat, in the dash, and in my driver side door that drives me nuts.
Overall review: A good vehicle for someone who needs more than a suv but less than a full size truck.
Review ID: #193269 Is this review offensive?
I LOVE MY TACOMA !!! by tmbz on 11/13/2011. Trim: 1998 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Mine is only a 4 cylinder, but I love it. It gets me where I want to go, and it's still basic. Manual locks & windows & mirrors. It's like from the old days. Problem free. No electronic junk to go bad. I think I'll keep it for a couple of more years.
Cons: I only wish it was a bit more sporty looking, but then, that's not really important.
Overall review: This is a super truck. I've used it for moving and have had no problems at all.
The Perfect Small Truck by Randy on 07/08/2008. Trim: 1998 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2WD, Owned 9 years.
Pros: The reliability and the uncommon power in a 4 cylinder truck. Oh and the unbelievable gas mileage. It gets 23 mpg city and (if I go the speed limit) 30 mpg on the highway.
Cons: Mine is the extended cab and it has a wide turning radius. The suspension is less than it could be. The engine can handle more of a load than the suspension will accomodate.
Overall review: This truck is a perfect vehicle for the homeowner that is a do-it-yourselfer. It'll handle most any load you're likely to ask of it and it has plenty of interior room. (two adults and two children comfortably) It gets excellent gas mileage compared to ANYTHING!!! (with the 5-speed tranny)
A Great Truck by Andrea from Arizona on 05/29/2008. Trim: 1998 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab V6 4WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Low Maintenance. 20 mpg, after 275,000 miles.
Cons: Nothing.
Overall review: Dependable vehicle. Can't beat this Toyota Truck for everyday use.
Chevy ford and dodges nightmare by bubba from blountville on 07/16/2008. Trim: 1998 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab V6 4WD, Owned 10 years.
Pros: the best ever plenty power sharp truck
Cons: non yet
Overall review: awsome truck