1996 Toyota RAV4

1996 Toyota RAV4 Prices
1996 Toyota RAV4 Fuel Economy
Toyota RAV4 by Bob in Chandler, AZ on 05/18/2011. Trim: 1996 Toyota RAV4 4-Door 4WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: This car has over 188000 miles on it and it is still highly reliable. Has required only routine maintenance. Paint, body, interior, engine all have held up very well. This car has several more thousand miles in it with only routine maintenance.
Cons: Can't think of anything.
Overall review: I am selling this car for my daughter-in-law who bought a new car. This car is rated in good condition.
Terrific little car. by Myrtie on 06/29/2010. Trim: 1996 Toyota RAV4 2-Door 2WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Easy to park and turn and hang u-turns. It also is reliable and economical to run.
Cons: I have always had a problem with the gas pedal sticking when starting and at times I lay a strip. Neither the dealer nor the cops believe me.
Overall review: Terrific little car and I won't give it up.
REDRAV2 door-4wd by old man in Cedar rapids on 12/08/2007. Trim: 1996 Toyota RAV4 2-Door 4WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: I am the 2nd owner for this vehicle and I purchased it in 2001. It had 45,000 miles on it at that time and now has 85,000. It has been a great vehicle. I take it off road more than a few times each year. It handles very well in snow and ice and in muddy conditions as well as hard surface roads. Also, has very low maintenance costs---just oil changes, 60,000 mile maintenance, and one set of tires in 6 years.
Cons: I wish they had a drop down tailgate (with lift up window) on this like a pickup truck and get rid of the spare tire on the rear tailgate and go with a space saver spare or no spare tire (Offer as an option). Needs better gearing for highway driving and better mileage. Offer an extra low 1st gear for off roading. Mileage has been mediocre with about 22 in town and 23 on the highway. I know with their newer engines they could do better now.
Overall review: I have owned it for 6 years and love it. Its my fishing, camping, and hunting car.
Review ID: #519624 Is this review offensive?
A real life saver! by A CarPoint Consumer on 08/17/2002. Trim: 1996 Toyota RAV4 4-Door 4WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Safety, stability, styling
Overall review: GREAT car! Saved my wife's life when were recently hit.
I love my 1996 rav 4 by bowillie on 05/20/2011. Trim: 1996 Toyota RAV4 4-Door 2WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: I bought this car used in 1997 with 33,000 miles on it, I love this car even though I have had some problems, but what do you expect with buying a used suv with the towing option. (I abused this suv to boot, never even changed the oil, just kept adding when it needed it). I never changed the timing belt till it had 120,000 miles on it. Towed trailer with it all the time, average speed on turnpikes was 90. It handles Great,drives great, looks great. As I write this reveiw it is 2011, I used this car daily, I had 200,000 miles when the engine finally blew. I like this suv so much I am getting a new engine for it installed this weekend. I think I will treat this one better!!!!
Cons: Dealer I bought this suv from was a lousy dealer, did not have good customer service, especially after suv was paid off. no cup holder for front passengers, no info on adaptability to the 1997 model, but bought cup holder off a 1997 model, fit perfect. tires are expensive and hard to get. engine acted up @80,000 miles, brought to dealer, got charged 800 to fix/ adjust engine parts( probably would have cost me @300 elsewhere!!). other than that, no problems except trailer wiring not working any more and criuse control doesn't work, drivers window motor getting weak/slower.
Overall review: Great little suv, dependable, hard working, good power, could use better gas milage, got about 23 mpg. I love this suv, 1st toyota I ever had , i plan on keeping this for many more years, I can't wait to get my ant. plate!!!! only 10 more years!!