1995 Toyota Avalon

1995 Toyota Avalon pictures are not available
1995 Toyota Avalon Prices
1995 Toyota Avalon Fuel Economy
I LOVE THIS CAR!! by NJ BOXER GAL on 08/23/2009. Trim: 1995 Toyota Avalon XL, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: who buys a 14 yr old car??? I did..i really did. I have owned this pearl white mint condition 88,000 miles vehicle 6 days. I am a big toyoya fan.I've owned a 2002 Camry, 2 Land Cruisers 1996 and 2000 and 2 Corolla's that were both 1993. I drove all those vehicles well over 150K miles before I sold them.I never had a problem with any Toyoya and i'm betting I have the same luck with this Avalon.
Cons: The wind noise.. the stero is awful. I just bought a new reciever, speakers n alarm from Crutchfields. They will be insatlled next week.
Overall review: So far so good..I love this car!
The Perfect Car by Mowpower, from Philly on 04/27/2006. Trim: 1995 Toyota Avalon XL, Owned 3 years.
Pros: This car is amazing. I got it in 2004 with 136K miles as a graduation present from my parents (who bought it used). I currently drive 120 mi/day for work and keep meticulous records. My commute is 50/50 city/highway and I get 26 mpg. The gearing ratio is perfect. Inbetween 60-65 mph I'm right at 2k rpms. My wifes LR Freelander is pushing 3k rpms at 65. My dad did regular maintanance at 100K (timing belt/tune up). I've done nothing but gas it up and change the oil every 3000 miles. I was starting to look for another car, but I'll be better off running it into the ground which could be another 3 years from now. I'm at 182k miles now. Love the car, tons of space in the cabin and trunk. Classic!
Cons: Its a big car, bigger than I'm used to, but the turning radius still lets it manuever well. The seat stitching is coming undone on the passenger seat and one in the back. The housing for the overhead/map light drops off when in the summer. "The wind noise, the wind noise" I notice it a little bit, but that's what the great stereo is for, just turn it up a little and listen to 93.3 WMMR and you're good. Lots of body roll, but it never claimed to be a sports car. Lots of surface area, so it takes a long time to wax. Oh, and the headlight housing is coming loose but doesn't seem to be going anywhere.
Overall review: I think I covered everything. Basically, I'm mad that its going to last me so long (prolonging the purchase of a newer car) but who knows what will be out there by the time my Avalon dies (in 2009??). This car does everything well. Hasn't let me down once, regular oil changes and maintanance have kept this car purring like the day it was purchased. A little shocked at the resale value, but it is 11 years old.
Best Car I ever owned to date by Andre' on 04/05/2005. Trim: 1995 Toyota Avalon XLS, Owned 9 years.
Pros: The room for my family has been outstanding, the kids can't fight over someone touching them in the backseat anymore! The excelleration is AWESOME even with 260k+ miles. It always turns heads (most people think it's a Lexus) It's in excellent condition and I plan on driving it for another 300k miles.
Cons: the wind noise is very irritating; other than that I haven't even changed a light bulb in this car since I purchased it new in 1996.
Overall review: excellent vehicle for style, price, approach, luxury and longevity! I prefer driving it over my Mercedes most every day!
Baby-benz / Lexus-lite by EJ- BF on 03/03/2005. Trim: 1995 Toyota Avalon XL, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Comfortable, handles well. Good mileage for roomy sedan. No rust after 10 years - none (driven in cold climate of Ohio on salted roads). Maintenance - oil changes,tires, brakes, battery, timing belt-just normal stuff. Now with 96000 miles. Pearl-white color still looks pearly!
Cons: Excessive wind noise around front windows (lower front corner). I was able to reduce noise levels considerably by inserting rubber window molding strips in front of the glass tracks. Otherwise, the car has been trouble-free. Replaced a light bulb in the instrument cluster. Brakes sqeak in reverse-who cares!
Overall review: Terrific car. Reliable, dependable. I like the styling of the 95-99 era, but finally like the 2005 redesign. I'll get another.
A great car by Soul-less in Seattle on 02/24/2005. Trim: 1995 Toyota Avalon XL, Owned 6 years.
Pros: The drivetrain is pure silk. For a car 10 years old and 120K miles?! Incredible engineering. I use this car for commuting and always get over 27 mpg! A friend who drives a smaller car for its gas mileage want mine when I sell! I can zip through traffic with ease. It runs like a sport sedan, not a family sedan.
Cons: My only complaint is the comfort of the front seats. I am tall, and have never really found the seats to be very comfortable. I have experienced the same exact problem in a 2002 Avalon XLS. Toyota simply doesn't design their seats for someone much over 6 foot tall. That is a real shame because everything else is perfect.
Overall review: I bought this car used when it was 4 years old, that was 6 years ago. It has been a great car ever since. Fun to drive and generally very comfortable (especially in the back seat). People always comment on what a nice car it is and how nice it rides. Its hard to believe the trade in value is so small.