1991 Toyota Camry

1991 Toyota Camry pictures are not available
1991 Toyota Camry Prices
1991 Toyota Camry Fuel Economy
Just Waiting For It To Finally Die... by chunkystewys from Harrisburg, PA on 04/04/2003. Trim: 1991 Toyota Camry DLX V6, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I bought this car for $4,000 when I turned 16. I wasn't too fond of it at first, but I could afford it, and it was a Toyota so my parents basically made me buy it. I could never thank them enough. This car has been through Hades and back, and still runs like the day I got it. The acceleration of the V6 is fairly quick for an older car, the dependability is unbeatable, and the ride always delivers a great driving experience.
Cons: The suspension is really soft, causing lots of sway when making sharp turns at higher speeds. When you do emergency breaking, (such as I did recently) there is an enormous amount of nose dive making the rear of the car feel very light and unstable. There are 5 seatbelts, but don't think that you can comfortably seat 5 people in the car.
Overall review: My first accident was in this car when I was 17. I rear-ended a school bus full of kids going 35-40 mph. The car held up a lot better than I thought it would, doing $3,862 in damage and less than $150 away from totalling out. I'm heavy on the breaks so they tend to wear out quite frequently. Today I have 137,000 miles on it, I've graduated college, and it's still my baby. I've never had any problems at all except, through my own fault, I dropped the transmission neutral slamming it (stupid kids...). Other than that, it's a safe, dependable car and I would recomend it for anyone who wants a car that will last them a long time.
Great car when fixed by Will from French Hill on 03/14/2011. Trim: 1991 Toyota Camry DLX, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Great gas milage.When I take trips thru the flatlands of Ohio and drive like an old man I get over 50 miles per gallon.Synthetic oil in the engine,transmission and transaxle plus a free flowing mufler did the trick. These changes also helped with exceleration with this 4 cylinder engine.A front end bra really helps the looks and hides the chiped paint on the nose.
Cons: Rust in the front fenders and rear wheel wells are a known problem.New fenders and undercoating ends this.The stalling on rainy days is the coil in the distributor arcing thru it's side.It almost got me T-boned twice.An aftermarket coil and new cap gasket fixed this.The front control arm bushings wear out.This causes noise,uneven tire wear and excessive sway on cornering.The grease in the neutral safety switch on the automatic transmission dries up then the backup lights and the dashboard shift position indicator do not work.It cost over 200 dollars but old one can be taken apart,cleaned,and regreased.The starter solenoid contacts wear out and aren't replaced in rebuilt starters.
Overall review: Great car if you learn how to fix all the problems yourself.A good manual and the Toyota forums on line are a great source of information.
A Great Car by Madisonian on 07/26/2008. Trim: 1991 Toyota Camry DLX, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Great gas mileage, Very comfortable
Cons: None so far
Overall review: Great car. Go out and find one if you can
Good Solid Transportation Car. by Zoo from Phoenix on 03/26/2008. Trim: 1991 Toyota Camry Base, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: 4 cylinder automatic w/ power locks and windows. I bought this car when it was a year old. This has been the most reliable car I have ever owned. Other than routine service (timing belts, etc.)this car has never given me any problems. The interior still looks new, the exterior paint is in great shape too. Runs great, superb gas mileage.........I'm extremely happy with this car.
Cons: Black rubber bumpers have oxidized, but what can you expect after 17 years?
Overall review: I wish all cars were built this well. We have newer cars, but I still drive this one. Love it!
So-so Ride by Basic Rider on 03/20/2008. Trim: 1991 Toyota Camry Base, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: This car is great in terms of gas mileage. It's roomy enough for a car it's size. The interior is nicely put together, and the accessories are easily within reach. It was 4 years old when I bought it and I drove it for about 7 years until I got into an accident and had to get rid of it. I had the 5-speed manual, and the clutch lasted the whole time I owned the car and never had to be serviced.
Cons: The distributor gave lots of problems and the mechanics couldn't seem to figure out how to fix it permanently. I took it back at least 4 times to get the distributor fixed, but the same thing kept happening. The car would just shut off in the middle of nowhere at random times when there was precipitation in the air. The muffler went bad so often I had to get it replaced every year for about 5 years straight (good thing I had the lifetime warranty at Midas). It had a persistent oil leak after about 110K miles. No mechanic could resolve that problem either. Finally it got totalled in an accident and I had to get rid of it. Good riddance.
Overall review: Overall, this car is average. Nice interior but watch out for what might be going on under the hood. I hope that the more recent models are better.