1990 Toyota Corolla

1990 Toyota Corolla pictures are not available
1990 Toyota Corolla Prices
1990 Toyota Corolla Fuel Economy
A Legendary Car by Nick from Alabama on 05/18/2008. Trim: 1990 Toyota Corolla DLX, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Only bought this for $1600 and 83,000 miles and Toyota Certified. You dont see many cars lasting 18 years barely even 2-3 these days. Blocks alot of road noise, has inside release for the gas tank door and trunk, A/C still works, great on gas, does not eat tires, easy to keep clean, in certain situations you get a little unexpected horsepower like while merging on the highway, drives like a Camry or Avalon, barely feel speed bumps and uneven roads, 12 volt adapter still works, engine is so quiet you forget its on, even for the age of the car it feels safe to drive, spare tire is actually a full tire, great for a primary or secondary car.
Cons: Shocks/Springs are too soft, during acceleration or stopping the car seems to (nose dive) into the road then after stopping the back of the car "jumps" then sinks down as if you are stopping very hard but actually not and every small bump on the road hits the front passengerside tow hook and bumper. If riding with 4 people the car is very low to the ground as if the car is holding "sumo wrestlers" and the engine gets weaker. When turning at speeds around 20-30 mph you feel alot of body roll and feels like your going to flip or skid. The sholder seat belts do not lock under heavy braking or turning but the lap belt will hold on to dear life. Also the back seats do not fold.
Overall review: Overall this car is great for people who either want to get to point A to point B with out the worry of reliability or gas/comfort and also is good for upgrading interior and exterior for racing or just for looks. Would be nice if there was a RPM meter in the dash but otherwise...... Its a great car to have and pass on.
good car by 1 on 04/05/2005. Trim: 1990 Toyota Corolla Base, Owned 2 years.
Pros: 1
Cons: 2
Overall review: w
The Rolla by Trent from Austin MN on 05/16/2010. Trim: 1990 Toyota Corolla DLX, Owned 4 years.
Pros: This car is extremely reliable. I have had this car for 5 years now. It is a perfect A to B car. Great gas mileage. I haven't had any real problems with the car and can count on it every winter in Minnesota. The car has never failed to start even when temps are as low as -30. The clutch is very smooth, lenient, and easy to learn for first time manual transmission drivers. After over 20 years this car has been around everything inside the car still works great besides the stereo system which was replaced when I bought the car.
Cons: The car is extremely small with little features for today's modern technology. The front seats are terrible at 17 yrs of age my back started to hurt after only 1/2 hr. of driving even after I tried adjusting the seat position, my back has never been the same. The seat belt connects to the door but is not automatic so when the door is open and connected to the seat belt the seat belt constantly pulls the door shut which makes it a hassle to get in and out. The interior door handles continue to break off. The car has very little acceleration and dips and jerks forward every time you shift or brake. This making for a very un smooth ride.
Overall review: Overall this car did everything I needed it to do at my age, which was, get me from A to B teach me to drive stick, and start every time no matter what the conditions for the day. I would recommend this car to any person looking for an A to B car. You get great in town mileage and its a nice little five speed to scoot around in.
IDESTRUCTIBLE! TOUGH LITTLE CAR!! by Washington DC area driver on 12/11/2007. Trim: 1990 Toyota Corolla DLX, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: This is the best car Toyota ever made in my opinion. They really don't make them like this anymore. Reliable, gas efficient, very zippy and extremely sturdy. I was in a front end collision in this car at about 15-20 mph, the rock solid rubber bumpers prevented any frame or engine compartment damage and amazingly the radiator was unscathed as well. Quite possibly the strongest bumpers ever made are on this little car, they absorb impact unbelievably well. Also, with a good set of well-maintained tires on it, this car is fantastic in the snow! I can just plow right through the snow like it's nothing in this Corolla.
Cons: That they don't make them like this anymore!! :-( As with any car, with age things start to need replacing, but the things I've had to replace on my 17 year old Corolla were not terribly expensive or hard to find, i.e. transmission pan gasket, one of the fuel injectors, the thermostat, and several other random parts throughout the vehicle. Toyota stock speakers are also not the best, I will need to replace those soon, they are starting to really show their age.
Overall review: I have named my Corolla "The Defiant" for a reason. She earned her name from 17 years of dependability, and if the first 17 years were any indication of what she's made of, I look forward to many, many more years of driving enjoyment. My father bought this car brand new in 1990, and it has been in the family ever since, it was my mother's before it was given to me at age 16. I am now 26, and I have no need to buy a new car, this one hasn't given up on me yet, so I'm not giving up on her. This car has a ton of personality too, she has serious attitude, spunky and spirited. Very zippy, fast, a lot of fun to drive! Excellent gas milliage for highway, and very good for city. Mine just turned over 150,000 miles, and it's still going strong. Very good value for your money, another perk is that because of it's age, it's very cheap to insure. Highly recommended.
Review ID: #519789 Is this review offensive?
perfect for moms and seniors (family car) by toyota mom on 12/26/2004. Trim: 1990 Toyota Corolla LE, Owned 9 years.
Pros: We bought this car in 1995 and still driving it to date and have had no major problems with it besides regular matinance and would highly recommend this model.
Cons: not much
Overall review: just an all around great little car!