1990 Toyota Camry

1990 Toyota Camry pictures are not available
1990 Toyota Camry Prices
1990 Toyota Camry Fuel Economy
WT? I thought it's a Toyota.... by Andy From the Northwest on 03/16/2012. Trim: 1990 Toyota Camry DLX, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Paint still good after 22 years, all exterior, interior still good after all those years! Almost like day one. Decent comfort for a mid-size car (I personally drive SUV) Acceleration/break is very good.
Cons: Unexpected reliability issues. MPG is not as good as what I expect from a mid-sized car. (about 20~21mpg when I did 80% of the driving on freeway)
Overall review: This is my relative’s car but I am the guy who everyone called because I am an engineer…..(I know very few things about the cars cause I am no mechanic but they expect me to give them advises….) Anyway, this is a car own by a 70-year-old lady since day one. (1 owner) she drive less than 4000 miles /year. The transmission had to replaced at ~ 70K mile, and at 80K mile, the car is having problem “moving” it will start but when step on Gas it won’t move. So we did the Oil change/oil filter change/fuel injection cleared (5 times) spark plug replaced, still same issue. Strange thing is that it will only happend sometimes but not always. Now I get to “test drive” this car (again) for the next few days. We’ll see what happen….
Rest in Peace by Doug on 05/10/2005. Trim: 1990 Toyota Camry LE V6 Sedan, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: For its time, it had a very comfortable ride with plenty of power available. It wasn't the most exciting car on the road, but it was completely trouble free for the first 4 years. A larger than stock air filter, double tipped spark plugs, and heavier wiring helped the car to accelerate quicker and tires just one size up from stock improved handling immensely. The sunroof was a nice addition and it worked right up until the car's last day. This day, unfortunately, demonstrated how well the Camry was engineered to survive a serious collision (in this case with a telephone pole). I walked away with a bruised rib and the car was able to be driven onto the flatbed tow truck.
Cons: The first four years were trouble free, but it wasn't the case with the last three. Five years into the car's life, the transmission had to be completely replaced, to the tune of $2,500. Another recurrent and frustrating issue was that the brake light would tend to stick, leaving the brake lights on even after the car was shut down. This drained the battery more than once. And like many power antennas in its day, mine went bye-bye. But that's all I disliked about the car.
Overall review: I am confident that if I hadn't wrecked the car, it would still be roadworthy and running strong today. There was never a time where I didn't like driving that car. I miss it a lot. If you can get your hands on one, take it to a delaer, have them look it over, and if they don't find anything, enjoy driving it for at least another 100,000 miles.
FASTEST LITTLE CAR AROUND by SPEEDRACER on 05/17/2001. Trim: 1990 Toyota Camry LE V6 Sedan, Owned 2 years.
Overall review: NICE INTERIOR, SPOTLESS EXTERIOR, FAST, HANDLES GREAT!
Toyota Camry LE/V6 Family Tank by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/25/2012. Trim: 1990 Toyota Camry LE V6 Sedan, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Our Camry LE took us all over the United States on vacations. It had almost 300,000 miles when it was totaled in an accident. It made it though some very tough driving conditions such as snow storms and gravel roads, took some hail damage when a tornado got a little close. Kids called it the "Tank" because it could handle Iowa farm fields as well as the smooth open road. We went through 3 radiators (gravel road hazards), 6 mufflers, one set of shocks, 6 containers of Slick 50 spaced across almost 100 oil changes, and 7 sets of tires. No engine problems, transmission was just fine. Maintainence schedule was kept up. I have never owned such a dependable vehicle.
Cons: After 15 years the air conditioner didn't work too well, dispite having it serviced several times. But with a moon roof and power windows we just switched to the 4-60 air conditioning (4 windows down going 60mph).
Overall review: The Toyota Camry cost less than $1000 per year to own. How can anything beat that?
1990 Toyota Camry CS (Australian) by Tim on 08/13/2011. Trim: 1990 Toyota Camry Base, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Excellent fuel economy with a comfortable ride and a fair amount of power. The camry has only had one problem out of the 18 years we owned it (rubber tube under the bonnet got a hole) and a tiny bit of rust no bigger than a thumb nail apart from that, it;s a fantastic little car that lasted us for almost 2 decades until we sold it.
Cons: Nothing, the camry never missed a beat
Overall review: Amazing, strongly recommended for anyone looking for a speedy, reliable, economical small car.