1998 Suzuki Sidekick

1998 Suzuki Sidekick Prices
1998 Suzuki Sidekick Fuel Economy
great looking suv by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/12/2004. Trim: 1998 Suzuki Sidekick JLX Sport 4-Door 4WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: the styling was great it was one of the best looking suv. mine had daylights driving and a nice custom front bumper, it was great in the snow
Cons: the ride was to coppy the truck was small,and the motor needed more power. I sold it to a friend he had it checked because of the to little power it had and it was the fuel injector that were clogged after that he said the suv ran great
Overall review: its a great suv if your kiddneys are in good shape and you don't need to much truck space.
cute but to rugit by mike new york on 10/12/2004. Trim: 1998 Suzuki Sidekick JLX Sport 4-Door 4WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: what i like most of the vehicle is that it has a nice body and that it has its motor horizontal , standered day lights driving
Cons: i dont like the acceleration it to slow , it takes the bumps to hard
Overall review: it was a cute ute but accelaration was to bad it always had to be flooded and then it wasted too much gas and the bumps forgetabout it
Review ID: #452000 Is this review offensive?
BLACK HOLE FOR MY $$$ by Nicole - WA on 04/20/2009. Trim: 1998 Suzuki Sidekick JX 4-Door 4WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Great looking vehicle. Handles nicely, accelerates quickly. Adept at handling all sorts of road conditions....snow, sleet, rain, dirt roads, etc.
Cons: I owned this vehicle for 1 years without issues. But then, one thing after another began to break and they were expensive parts to replace. In a matter of 3 years, I spent $3000 on repairs until finally one day, something snapped loose in the engine (the mechanic couldn't tell me what) and ripped a hole in it. I took good car of this vehicle - regular oil changes and other types of maintenance. But my dad's mechanic (someone I don't know) told him these vehicles hit about 100,000 miles and fall apart. And that's my story in a nutshell.
Overall review: I wouldn't EVER buy this vehicle again, even though it was close to my "dream vehicle" prior to the actual experience of owning it. If the sidekick has 50,000 miles on it or less, it might be worth a gander. But otherwise, RUN AWAY!
GREAT SIDEKICK MAN going Spain with SUZUKI SUV! (Trying to catch me!) :) by Afghan Bill on 05/21/2005. Trim: 1998 Suzuki Sidekick JS 4-Door 2WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I got 35+ MPG Hway (when the book says 26 MPG), 30+ MPG City (when the book says 22-24 MPG). Responsive! Reliable!! CUTE!!! and CHEAP to KEEP!!!! I used to own 2 new Honda Civic and 4 used Toyota Corolla. Now, I am a Susuki (Sidekick) man for sure!!!!
Cons: Make standard for A/C, auto, CD, window, .... to save $ for everyone.
Overall review: This SUV will go with me to SPAIN for extended assignment!
When the time comes, I'll buy another. by HappyDude, Montreal on 02/13/2005. Trim: 1998 Suzuki Sidekick JX 2-Door 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Fun, sporty, easy on gas, reliable.
Cons: Interior is constricting to any slightly over average sized man.
Overall review: I can only really fault this car for its small interior. I am only 6' tall and 176 lbs and find the seats are to close to the dash even at the farthest setting. With legs constantly bent it makes longer traveling uncomfortable. There are blindspots as well. Overall however this is fun to drive in the summer with the top down. It's not an easy car to put alot of stereo equiptment in but I managed a respectable system. Winter driving is nice with the option of 4WD. But really, I spend the winter wishing I could put the good rims back on and drop the top again.
Review ID: #461975 Is this review offensive?