1996 Suzuki Esteem

1996 Suzuki Esteem Prices
1996 Suzuki Esteem Fuel Economy
2 3 4 5 6  Next
luxury car by A CarPoint Consumer on 07/12/2001. Trim: 1996 Suzuki Esteem GL, Owned 5 years.
Overall review: very good engine. very good average, less consumption. new tyres.
Good Car by A CarPoint Consumer on 05/19/2001. Trim: 1996 Suzuki Esteem GL, Owned 4 years.
Overall review: Great!
ULTIMATE SECOND HAND CAR by RACING SPECIAL, PASCHIM VIHAR on 05/13/2001. Trim: 1996 Suzuki Esteem GLX, Owned 2 years.
Pros: IT IS THE BEST VEHICLE THAT ANYONE CAN BUY FOR THE THE PRICE IT IS BEING OFFERED.
Cons: NOTHING
Overall review: AS EXPRESSED ABOVE....SEE IT YOURSELF TO BELIVE IT
Inexpensive & Reliable Basic Transportation by ATECHAR on 02/15/2009. Trim: 1996 Suzuki Esteem GL, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I hit the used car jackpot when I stumbled upon this 1996 Esteem in the summer of 2007. With only 43K miles on the odometer, it was being sold by the original owners--a couple in their 80's. The car had been garaged and driven an average of only 3 to 4 thousand miles per year. Obviously, the car was in better shape than others its age. The thing I like most about this car is the gas mileage. I average 33-36 mpg with about 95% of my driving being on the highway. I was surprised by how comfortable it was for an economy car. I'm 5' 11" and the driver's seat offers me all the room I need. It's not a fast car, and it's not a luxurious ride. But, I love it.
Cons: There are times I wish it had a little more power, but I'd probably have to sacrifice gas mileage for that. I've put 50K on it in the past 19 months...with very few problems. Replaced the tires, timing belt and water pump (normal stuff). Needed a new distributor seal ($6.00 part...about 1/2 hour of labor at the Suzuki dealership). Had new plugs, wires & rotor installed a few weeks ago. Other than that...no problems. Complaining about the simplicity of this car would be like going to McDonalds and expecting a T-bone steak. It is what it's supposed to be: simple, cheap transportation.
Overall review: The perfect car for my daily round trip commute of 100 miles. Drove it to Chicago from Maine on one occasion...wouldn't hesitate to do it again. I'm hoping to get another 50-100K out of her. I'm keeping my eyes open for another Esteem with low miles on it...I might just grab it...
My Review for Suzuki Esteem by Takako, Los Angeles, CA on 01/14/2004. Trim: 1996 Suzuki Esteem GL, Owned 7 years.
Pros: very low gas consumption easy driving compact
Cons: slows down when uphill hard to find auto parts the current value for this car is low, so it'll be cheap when selling.
Overall review: Overall, I think that this car drives well with few damages. What I have noticed about this car is that I cannnot drive faster than 90mph. That's the max. Also, the car slows down when driving uphill. But I think the break and steering are fine and long lasting. The design is cute and compact. Since this brand is not popular, it takes time and money to get parts.
2 3 4 5 6  Next