1999 Subaru Impreza

1999 Subaru Impreza Prices
1999 Subaru Impreza Fuel Economy
Pinacle of reliability by Rob from Alberta, Canada on 03/22/2007. Trim: 1999 Subaru Impreza L Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: To many pros to list. This car is the best on gas I have ever had. I get 23 city, 29 highway no problem. An talk about one of the most reliable cars you can find. Any used subaru is the best car for your money, without a doubt. With the symmetrical AWD in all their vehicles, Subaru obviously builds these machines with the elements in mind. It's saved me more than once in the winter.
Cons: Brakes have always squeeked no matter what has been modified. I have talked about this with many other impreza drivers, and the consensus is that for a couple years most imprezas out there did this to an extent. oh well, it's a small price to pay for a car with a bulletproof engine.
Overall review: No substantial complaints about this car. I would recommend an impreza or any other subaru to anyone on a budget. If you can afford it, buy new. If you can't, buy used. You will get solid reliability either way.
A very well built machine by JOHN on 08/28/2005. Trim: 1999 Subaru Impreza L Sedan, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Bullet-proof reliability. I bought this car 6 months ago with 10K miles on it! Yeah, that is right! What a find. This is my 4th Subaru and I cannot imagine driving anything else for the price. Worth its weight in gold when it snows. I live in rural PA, and AWD is a must have.
Cons: Cup holder, no trunk light. OEM Bridgestone RE92's are not very good. Replacing them real soon. Seats are not very comfortable.
Overall review: Highly recommended. You just can't go wrong with a Subaru.
N/A pride! by NAForLife! on 06/17/2005. Trim: 1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Mods are great for the extra "edge" and fun to do!
Cons: There is not 1 thing I don't like about my suby
Overall review: Wonderful car! Fun to drive! I'll always own a suby!
The King of Rally Racing, I know why.....so should you! by Titus of the Appalachia Mountains on 03/16/2005. Trim: 1999 Subaru Impreza L Coupe, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Excellent car! This was our first new car and we love it now just as we did when we first bought it back in 99. We have traveled thousands of miles with it and the car has never let us down. You can't beat the all wheel drive setup it has. We live in West Virginia and the winters can be very rough here, that little Subaru goes through all of it, unstopable! I worked as a mechanic for several years, I would seldom see any Subaru in the garage for anything more than regular maintenance. I'm certain to own many more in the future.
Cons: The brakes have always sqeeked. I've changes the pads several times, tried expensive and then went to the cheap ones. They still sqeek. The tunk seems to allow condensation buildup.
Overall review: I recomend the Impreza to anyone who is looking for a safe, dependable car without spending too much money. The value of this car for the price truly is a great deal and is hard to beat. The handling of the Impreza is amazing! In fact, I travel the backroads more now just for the enjoyment of driving the car around the twisting winding roads.....and I've owned it for six years. You'd think I would have got over it by now. All wheel drive is awesome! Believe it or not, one winter I attempted to do a donut in a parking lot covered in snow. Much to my suprise, the all wheel drive is so darn good three quarters of the way in the donut it begins taking it to the side and then straightens out. Most cars you feel riding on the road. This car you can actually feel it gripping the road, holding onto it and never letting go. If Subaru changes the headlights on the Impreza back to the 99 style, I'll buy another one. I hate what they've done on the newer ones, lights are way too big guys!
crash by chis carter on 11/19/2001. Trim: 1999 Subaru Impreza L Coupe, Owned 1 year.
Pros: its power
Cons: its prise
Overall review: its a good race car