1997 Subaru Impreza Wagon

1997 Subaru Impreza Wagon Prices
1997 Subaru Impreza Wagon Fuel Economy
The ultimate boy racer by Nase, from England on 10/24/2006. Trim: 1997 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This is a must drive car, the most fun i have ever had driving
Cons: 1 or 2 squeeks and rattles
Overall review: No matter how old you are you will enjoy the superb excellaration
Best car ever. by Josh on 08/27/2005. Trim: 1997 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport, Owned 8 years.
Pros: Nothing ever goes wrong. It always starts. at 147K no oil burns, no oil leaks, no transmition problems.
Cons: The scoop is silly... if we ever redo the paint job; we'll have that removed & glassed in. The millage isn't as good as I'd hope for (we get 24 average freeway)
Overall review: I won't sell this car, ever. If we ever buy another new car, it'll beg a subaru. It's just the best car I've ever owned.
great car by leadfoot from rochester, ny on 07/27/2004. Trim: 1997 Subaru Impreza Wagon L, Owned 3 years.
Pros: everything my dad drives it to and from work in 17 minutes mon - fri and he has a blast doing it and he works on the other side of town. we have over 140235 miles on it. it had 105000.
Cons: weird locks and right now above 80 you feel like a bobblehead doll.
Overall review: see pros and cons
The Incredible Subaru by William F. O'Brien on 05/26/2004. Trim: 1997 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport, Owned 6 years.
Pros: I feel like it will run forever. I only have 99,000 miles on it but I have had no repairs although I run premium gas (which you don't have to) and use synthetic oil. I did the 30,000 mi tune-up at 69,000 only because I had it in the shop for an oil change at the time. It runs smooth and a very nice ride. It is a well designed car. It is also safe - I had a serious accident and it protected me well. AND it was fixable. Still runs great. I love it so well and so does my wife. She had an Infiniti and traded it in on an 03 Legacy because she felt so safe and took my car in any kind of bad weather instead of her Infiniti.
Overall review: Regis Philbin did a test drive on several luxury cars on his show once. After getting out of a 267,000 Rolls Royce, He said he'd rather drive his Subaru. These cars appear to be the best kept secret in the auto market. The insurance institute rates them the safest. And the rates are low. I don't plan on ever selling this vehicle, and neither do most people. Look in the auto sales columns in the newspaper - they are very hard to come by.
A great car for all seasons by Proscriptus, Bennington VT on 03/08/2004. Trim: 1997 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great pep, engaging engine note. Still rock solid, NVH well under control at 75K.
Cons: --I really wish the scoop was connected to something! If I could find an aftermarket induction kit for it, I'd buy it. --I average about 25MPG in mostly highway driving. --Roofrack cannot be adjusted & is not easily removed. --Seats are only adequate. --Needs better shifter feel.
Overall review: At 75K, this still feels like a new car. The Flat-4 is just a terrific engine, well matched to the chassis & transmission.