1997 Subaru Legacy

1997 Subaru Legacy Prices
1997 Subaru Legacy Fuel Economy
Best all around sports sedan for not much money by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/13/2012. Trim: 1997 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Great handling combination of AWD, precise steering, boxer engine (low center of gravity), and good breaking make it a fantastic car to drive. You will look forward to driving this car no matter what the weather. Barely even slips in NE winter snow. Adequate power and looks great even now that it's 15 years old. Still turns heads. Large-ish interior and the view out is unobstructed.
Cons: Some interior pieces are a bit cheap. Quick but not as fast as it could be. Drop an upgraded air filter in it to gain a few HP.
Overall review: I've owned 20 cars of all types and this is my favorite. Best combination of looks, handling and utility out there. A budget Audi A4 quattro.
Best AWD Car in its Class by Jon, Minnesota on 11/18/2004. Trim: 1997 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Great Car Overall!!!...superb handling, and AWD is the best in the class...A+
Cons: Doorpanels on interior dented and scratch easy
Overall review: Would definatly recommend this to anyone, and i would purchase another one
get a Subaru by Nick Jacmy on 02/01/2013. Trim: 1997 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT, Owned 2 years.
Pros: smart looking, solid build quality, perfect balance between sport and transport, giving driver confidence and joy.
Cons: cost of maintenance and repair could be a little more than Toyota something.
Overall review: love cars? love driving? then get a Subaru.
I love it and will buy another one by Shani on 08/20/2011. Trim: 1997 Subaru Legacy L, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Runs and Runs and Runs...... I have 521000 Miles on this car. Great Gas milage 30 + on hwy and 27 + city. Its a stick shift with original engine transmission and clutch. Now its is beginning to demand some repairs such as new clutch and gear box as syncros are worn out.
Cons: This car has awkward blind spots hard to manage with rear and side view mirrors, Night time drive is difficult due to very in efficient head lights, and cabin is noisy. Hard to find parts.
Overall review: I love this car, I did not expect it to last beyond 200K mark but I was very pleasantly surprised when it continued to run and run and run.
Extreme reliable car by JT on 04/14/2009. Trim: 1997 Subaru Legacy L, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Excellent and extremely reliable. I looked for this particular engine 2.2l , and it is perfect. I get around 28mpg on the highway, around 23 in the city. Sometimes better if I drive slower. Average around 25mpg. Transmission and engine are extremely smooth, even after 12 years and 160,000 miles . It works like new and smells like it too.
Cons: Very quiet idle, I forget it is on, so I crank it while its already running. Not so quiet when accelerating. AC illumination lights sometimes don't work. Can't see which buttons I am pressing at night. No big deal. A little oil leak on the engine, but its not dripping on the ground.
Overall review: Excellent value. My cost for owning this thing was about $50 in repairs a year. Brakes and oil changes. I think this might be one car that doesn't require a mechanic. Everything can be reached easily. I just changed spark plugs, and it took me like 5 minutes.