1995 Subaru Impreza Wagon

1995 Subaru Impreza Wagon pictures are not available
1995 Subaru Impreza Wagon Prices
1995 Subaru Impreza Wagon Fuel Economy
Reliable all weather vehicle by Calvinluv on 02/27/2009. Trim: 1995 Subaru Impreza Wagon LX Sport, Owned 6 years.
Pros: I enjoy the handling aspect of this car. It turns easily and I can park pretty much anywhere! The heater and AC work really well too! AWD is really great too! I can plow right through the snow! Pretty good body style for being over 10 years old!
Cons: I had a new motor put in after over 200,000 miles(think that's pretty normal). I don't like that I have to hold the door handle up to lock the doors. That isn't really convenient if you forget. I am also having problems shifting from park after the car is on. It would be nice if there was a setting on the controls for just a foot vent and the car really lags when the AC is on or when merging onto the freeway if it's cold.
Overall review: I would recommend a newer version of this car to anyone! Mine is old but still reliable. I like the updated body styles better!
Greenie by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/08/2004. Trim: 1995 Subaru Impreza Wagon L Sport, Owned 1 year.
Pros: AWD
Cons: Seats
Overall review: My first subaru
Best little wagon in the world! by CB on 02/25/2004. Trim: 1995 Subaru Impreza Wagon L Sport, Owned 9 years.
Pros: EVERYTHING! Its 9 years old; has 200,000 miles and counting; gets 25mpg city; only minor repair issues and standard maintenance - and Subaru parts last twice as long as most after-market parts. Have moved sofa's (2 at one time) tied onto the roof rack; have towed over 1,000 lbs 'cross country PA to CA. Took it from CA to Montana to NY and back in 2003. I call it my "little pregnant walnut" because of its, shall we say, "distinctive" shape and styling. I cannot bear to trade it in. Costs me about $1,000 to $1500 a year to repair problems found by my mechanic during routine inspections. The car has NEVER has never left me stranded roadside. ")
Cons: Sluggish off the starting block; needs a good run at steep climbs - and ABSOLUTELY HATE SUBARU PARTS DEPARTMENTS! Have NEVER ... repeat NEVER ... had them send my mechanic the correct part ordered the first time - and often they need to send the part 2 or 3 times. Sigh. Also, Subaru parts are EXPENSIVE!!!
Overall review: Buy one; take good maintenance care of it - and be sure its a style and color you like ... 'cause its gonna last forever! ")
Loyal, trustworthy and dependable by Raisin Mountaineer from Flagstaff, AZ on 02/05/2004. Trim: 1995 Subaru Impreza Wagon L Sport, Owned 8 years.
Pros: My Impreza has 138K miles on it at 9 years, and has been remarkably trouble-free-- finally had its first brake job this year, and otherwise all I've done is routine maintenance, new tires twice (and they're cheap 'cause they're little), replace a couple of bulbs, etc-- nothing major (knocking on wood). The heater is great, the air conditioning o.k., and it's a happy, eager, little car-- quick to start, easy to drive, good in snow.
Cons: Teal blue with gray interior = HOT. Things cook in this car when it's parked in the sun. Air leaks around windows, and it has scarily low clearance on dirt roads. The rear window wiper quit working a year ago. None of these is a dealbreaker, just weaknesses.
Overall review: If you want a small, reliable, scoot-y little car, this is for you. Big SUV's will dent you in parking lots 'cause you're so little and they think there's room right by you (I've been hit while parked 4 times), and your larger friends may find the interior a little tight (I'm 6'1" and don't mind it but I'm skinny). My last Subaru (a '79) finally retired at 200K, and I expect no less from my Impreza-- at 138K, we're just warming up! My next car will be a Subaru-- maybe a size step up-- but then again, little is good.
Soobie doo by jay on 06/03/2003. Trim: 1995 Subaru Impreza Wagon L Sport, Owned 8 years.
Pros: very low maintenance
Cons: underpowered
Overall review: great value