1993 Subaru SVX

1993 Subaru SVX pictures are not available
1993 Subaru SVX Prices
1993 Subaru SVX Fuel Economy
the ultimate touring car, winter or summer by Al from Ottawa on 04/28/2002. Trim: 1993 Subaru SVX LS-L Anniversary Edition AWD, Owned 9 years.
Pros: Trouble free
Cons: Strange looking windows
Overall review: Very trouble free. I have only done regurlair maintence so far, it still has the first battery and tires and it has 800000 miles
Italian styling plus Japanese reliability by Nick from Ann Arbor, MI on 04/08/2002. Trim: 1993 Subaru SVX LS-L Anniversary Edition AWD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: It's unique, extremely well-built, and mine has given 130,000 miles of perfect service, requiring no major repairs. The AWD and handling of the car is confidence-inspiring at the very least. The car performs instantaneous transfer of torque in slippery conditions and handling at very high speeds is rock-solid. The SVX is no drag racer. It's heavy and the automatic is geared on the tall side, so the car's 0-60 time is not that impressive. But at speed the car accellerates very quickly and it can maintain those speeds comfortably and safely. The interior is very comfortable and everything is easily within the driver's reach.
Cons: Beat the SVX and it'll return the favor with high repair costs. The transmission is under-cooled, so it has a tendency to damage itself. This can be easily remedied with an aftermarket ATF cooler. Premium fuel costs are high, and the car gets poor mileage in town. In my SVX I have seen a low of 15mpg in town during the winter - but I have also gotten 31mpg on the freeway. Accident repair costs are also high, mostly due to the car's low production numbers.
Overall review: The SVX is a fantastic car to drive. Truly a classic and I intend to keep mine forever. I no longer commute in mine - I keep it safely in the garage instead - but I look forward to evey minute behind the wheel. The SVX owner community is an incredibly supportive group of people. We love to get together and help eachother out or just trade stories.
Beauty of Sporty AWD by Marisa - San Antonio,TX on 12/14/2001. Trim: 1993 Subaru SVX LS-L Anniversary Edition AWD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I love everything about this vehicle. It has a unique look and is very spacious for the driver and passenger. It's a strong, well built vehicle and a head of her time when she was developed. Also I don't know how I lived without the temperature controlled AC. And the split window definitely recieves some admiring looks.. that's a nice feeling.
Cons: The only problems is the cost to fix parts ($$$$) and that the back seats don't have the most leg room for additional passengers (I'm 5'5" and I sit comfortably though - I have made 16 hour+ trips in this car and other SVXs w/o problems). Luckily, I haven't had many/if any problems (basic maintance for being 8 years old - but bought with tranny just replaced Oct. '00) . But that's about it.
Overall review: Overall, I love this car and I hope to have it a long time. It's one of those cars that years from now I will still be bragging about. They are well built cars. If you purchase one, I do recommend researching this car because she's not for everyone. I searched for a few years for the right car for me and when I found my SVX, I flew to Michigan for her.. crazy? maybe.. but I love my car. =)
The powerful Luxury car by Cutie, Las Vegas, Nevada on 08/05/2001. Trim: 1993 Subaru SVX LS-L Anniversary Edition AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Handles corners extremely well, is a very powerful car, and it is much more comfortable and roomy than almost any other sports car I have road in or driven. It also has good gas mileagege for a V-6 engine. It's a very unique and attractive car.
Cons: Is sometimes hard to see behind the vehicle because it is so low. The parts for this car are very hard to come by, so it is very expensive to replace parts.
Overall review: It is an excellent car overall. I would definetly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a car with a whole lot of power.
Review ID: #193739 Is this review offensive?