1992 Subaru Legacy

1992 Subaru Legacy pictures
1992 Subaru Legacy Prices
1992 Subaru Legacy Fuel Economy
my suburu by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/03/2007. Trim: 1992 Subaru Legacy LS, Owned 3 years.
Pros: great school car, i never had any problems with it
Cons: the a/c sucked up gas
Overall review: its a great car, i wish it hadnt of been wrecked. i suggest tis car for high school/college kids. it makes a great school car, and if cared for properly would last for quite a while.
Good reliable old AWD car by Blip22 from Steelers country on 07/01/2005. Trim: 1992 Subaru Legacy L, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I got the car a few months ago from the original owner. Mechanically it's still good, although I have to get the car aligned due to the steering wheel veering to the right when you let it go. Everything still works fine, and to think that this is a 13-year-old car with 137K++ miles on it. I have it near 138k already (just driving it to the park-n-ride and back, around 5 miles one-way)
Cons: Rust spots are forming at the wheel wells and near the doors; I'm planning on sanding them, spraying some extend rust and then painting it with primer. The cupholders - not the best place to put them in. The black paint arround the doors that's chipping.
Overall review: IF you're looking for a reliable old car that's good in the snow, this is it.
Great Subaru...Even I Can't Kill It by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/18/2004. Trim: 1992 Subaru Legacy LSi AWD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I bought this car used with 82,000 miles and now have 135,000. I have only had to replace the alternator, battery, and CV Joints (axle). All wear items. I have also changed the belts and tires. But nothing out of ordinary wear. Car has never stranded me. I am very lazy and lame. I go off in a zone and neglect my car. I've run this Subaru with only 2 quarts of oil. If it wasn't for a friend, the engine would have siezed. I drove it with badly worn axles and CV joints, neglecting the warnings of my mechanic and friends.
Cons: The cupholders. When they are used, they totally block the radio and AC/Heat controls. Why Subaru, why? One compaint is the sun visor. Once I got mad, grabbed the visor, and ripped it completely out of its socket. Now Subaru wants $200 to replace it. Why doesn't Subaru make a visor that can withstand being ripped out of its socket when the driver gets mad? A piece broke in the sunroof, and water leaked in. Because I'm lazy and oblivious, I didn't get it fixed. Water leaked in and I now have mildew and mold on the carpets. Why couldn't Subaru make carpeting that doesn't mildew when you leave water on it for 6 months?
Overall review: Great trunk. Large. Can hold 2-years of old newspapers, many legal files, 200 assorted bottles and cans, plus dozens of client files. Car just won't die, no matter what I do to it. Sometimes I leave Tyler--my untrained Jack Russell--in the car while I run into Cumberland Farms for sweetened sodas and fruit drinks. I even leave him in the car when I run into McDonald's for some burgers and fries. Because he's untrained, he urinates on the seats. Subaru neglected to make seats the repel and evaporate dog urine. Subaru, you should have known better. Why do I have to replace tires on the Subaru. I often wear out my tires because I neglect to fix broken struts, caused because I don't look where I am going. Then the tires wear wrong, and I drive on bald tires. Why does Subaru allow this to happen. Finally, I have a boat that I like to leave in a New England lake until New Years. Then the lake freezes and the boat is ruined. Why does Subaru allow this to happen?
Legacy '92 by Basket, NY on 06/22/2004. Trim: 1992 Subaru Legacy LS, Owned 3 years.
Pros: It's a very solide car. It's Japanese. I have a 12 years old Legacy and I have no problems with it.
Cons: It could have more powerful engine :)
Overall review: Great car. Not expensive. However, you need to
Subaru Legacy = Great Car by V-BALL in Kaysville, UT on 03/30/2004. Trim: 1992 Subaru Legacy L, Owned 5 years.
Pros: This thing is 12 years old and still runs like new. It has had the transmission replaced and nothing more. Handles great, decent gas mileage (has gotten a little worse with time, but nothing to complain about), starts, stops with no problem, and all the buttons, gauges, etc., still work. Pretty large trunk.
Cons: Steering wheel isn't adjustable enough. Could get better gas mileage (terrible if you run the A/C).
Overall review: Basically, the pros far outweigh the cons here. That's good enough for me.