1996 Saab 9000

1996 Saab 9000 Prices
1996 Saab 9000 Fuel Economy
Rocket ship by Ian on 05/13/2011. Trim: 1996 Saab 9000 CSE Turbo, Owned 10 years.
Pros: Owning a 1996 Saab 9000 CSE turbo is like having your own personal rocket ship.Performance,handling,room and comfort all rolled into one car does not come much better than this.To really appreciate everything this car has to offer you simply must meticulously maintain it at all times.After all you would not want to ride in a faulty rocket ship or fighter jet.
Cons: The central locking system seems to have a mind of it's own.Keep a spare key as the central locking system has been known to lock the vehicle after you exit it and leave the engine running.Yes i was locked out but fortunately i had left my front passenger window down.
Overall review: Beware of used 9000's that were not properly maintained.Unless you are very mechanically inclined be prepared to reach deep into your pockets to restore this rocket ship to it's glory.The great thing about spending to fix this car up is that you will be rewarded with unmatched performance,handling and comfort for the fraction of the cost of a new car.....and you will not have any monthly car payments.
Been a great machine by Bob - in SC on 04/18/2009. Trim: 1996 Saab 9000 CS, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: A great driving pleasure. Seats not quite circa80's 900, but very comfortable. The car has enough oomph when I ask for it but sips fuel at 29 mpg. At 149,000 miles and feels almost new. This car has been very easy on the pocketbook. Nearly all parts available aftermarket - use the on-line SAAB dealers.
Cons: The paint finish was never to my liking, but we have lived together and it looks better than me. Anyone who has problems with the automatic climate control probably can't work their microwave. Heck its easier. Its simply pick a temperature and leave it alone forever - how hard is that? Early on, I had things I would have preferred, but after 13 years of troublefree operation (other than normal items) - no cons.
Overall review: The most reliable car (with fun) I have owned. Still turns heads. Compared to my so-called luxury cars owned, I still love to drive this thing. Saabs are fun.
Great Driver's Car Saab 9000 CS by Ski Bum in Colorado on 05/07/2008. Trim: 1996 Saab 9000 CS, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I'm a big guy and the car doesn't feel cramped like most cars with equal performance do. The turbo is great for driving in the mountains, and having the low boost turbo I don't have to use premium fuel.
Cons: The automatic climate control takes a little getting used too.
Overall review: This is a great commuter car that doubles nicely as a second family car. I average 25+ mpg in mixed driving at altitudes over 6000'. I had to look for awhile to find one like I wanted (5-spd with all the upgrades), but it was worth the wait. There are lots of performance mods available for these cars, but I'm happy with the stock performance for now.
Solid and economical performer. by Saab fan in NJ on 08/15/2007. Trim: 1996 Saab 9000 CS, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Excellent performance, handling and reasonably good gas mileage. I have 178000 miles on mine. Had to replace the clutch (manual) and the fluel pump besides the normal wear and tear items. The original engine runs strong and does not use a drop of oil. The car is fun to drive and still has very solid feel, no rattles.
Cons: Expensive parts, however you can get better deals in after market.
Overall review: The car is a solid performer, handles well, and it is reasonably economical. The engine is probably its greatest asset.
Wish they still made them in hatchback. by Nick-Harrisburg-PA on 02/02/2006. Trim: 1996 Saab 9000 CS, Owned 2 years.
Pros: This car can carry just about anything. The turbo gives me power of a larger engine without the bad gas mileage. Also very very safe. I have had 2 severe accidents in 2 other 9000's and I left without a scratch on me at all. And the paint holds up very nice. I have 170,000 on mine and my first one I got at 60,000 and it finally got killed in an accident at over 250,000 all original.
Cons: Turbo lag in the cs. Automatic tranny- get a stick and they are great.
Overall review: If you are looking for a 9000. Make sure that you get at least a cs with a stick or go all out and love yourself everytime you get in my getting an areo. Trust me. The areo does everything you could want.