1990 Saab 900

1990 Saab 900 pictures
1990 Saab 900 Prices
1990 Saab 900 Fuel Economy
My Third Saab by Saab Story - Iowa on 08/07/2003. Trim: 1990 Saab 900 S sedan, Owned 8 years.
Pros: Like the style of this vehicle. Had just a few problems with my 90 with one major problem.
Cons: Air conditioning has been worked on just about every year since I have owned it. I have payed double what a new AC would have cost, in repairs.
Overall review: Overall performance has been great with the exception of the AC.
Not as good as the 1985 SAAB I owned! by Melissa Yukon, OK on 01/04/2005. Trim: 1990 Saab 900 S 2-Door Hatchback, Owned 2 years.
Pros: This is the second SAAB I have owned. Love 'em! Probably getting ready to purchase a newer one. I feel much safer in this car then any other car I have driven or riden in.
Cons: I have had to repair and fix more things on this model then the '85 SAAB 900 I owned! Really disapointing. Things I've had to repair: clutch, thermostat(twice), battery(given over time), master cylinder, AC broken, Heater now broken, ball bearings, along with a lot of other minor problems that will come with age. However, I've never had to make these repairs to the '85 I had. A few other disapointing factors are... No cup holders, doesn't accelerate very quickly anymore, heated seats don't work anylonger, oh!... won't start right now so there is no telling what else is wrong!
Overall review: SAAB's are amazing vehicles. Although I've heard many pro's and con's since GM took over, and I'm trying to convince my boyfriend they are still good cars so I can get a new one. I've driven this vehicle hard (into minor things on the farm even! HaHa), and it's still a great car!
The Perfect Car by Abby, Allentown PA on 01/19/2003. Trim: 1990 Saab 900 S 2-Door Hatchback, Owned 1 year.
Pros: My family has owned over twenty Saab 900's, and each one has made it well over 200k miles. Repairs are few and far between. It handles extremely well. Great acceleration with manual transmission. Good gas mileage. Can take a beating and still look and drive great. Overall, just an awesome car.
Cons: Headliner starts to fall down after 10-12 years (although not always), slow acceleration with automatic transmission, road noise.
Overall review: Everyone who drives a Saab falls in love with it. These cars literally just keep going and going. I would reccomend a Saab 900 (pre-1994) to anyone. They're extremely safe, reliable and fun to drive.
Saab 900S 1990 by maineshire from Maine on 03/11/2002. Trim: 1990 Saab 900 S Hatchback, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Once I made the repairs needed on this car it has been a dream. I see my mechanic about twice a year and average about 1000.00 in repairs. I like to think my car payment is below one hundred dollars a month. Its how you rationalize it.
Cons: Dash board cracks.
Overall review: best car i ever owned.
The Cutest Little Car by Eastern Shore on 02/28/2002. Trim: 1990 Saab 900 Sedan, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I love this little car. It was a one owner car and I couldn't resist it when I saw it. Get a lot of compliments, but also complaints about repair cost from mechanics. Like in another post, I saw a mechanic who did NOT know how to open the hood. It's fast, tight and just easy to handle. I just wish I could afford a new model. I truly love my heated seats and all the lights on the outside.
Cons: Well everything is starting to break down, but I guess it's to be expected. Headliner is falling down, had to get some wiring done for lights to work, had to get clutch replaced, inside dome light don't work, (tried new bulbs) keep breaking keys in ignition, (husband blames dirt and debris) mechanic told me the trim around outside of windshield is expensive to replace, so I left the cracked windshield.
Overall review: Overall it's a nice little car to be as old as it is.