1989 Saab 900

1989 Saab 900 pictures are not available
1989 Saab 900 Prices
1989 Saab 900 Fuel Economy
Way to expensive Euro-trash. by GM convert on 09/28/2007. Trim: 1989 Saab 900 S sedan, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: They are very cheap when bought used. They come with seat heaters, actually mine came with broken seat heaters, but they still come with seat heaters.
Cons: Opening the hood is a pain. It would not normally bother me except for circuit short that made me unplug the battery every time I parked. I also lost reverse gear as well... The engine sounds like it is going to explode unless you shift to third immediately after pulling out of your driveway. The styling is absolutely ridiculous I bought it as a temp beater when deployed in the AF, it was embarrassing to drive the car in public. I am glad I was in a remote location and worked nights, I'd feel less humorous looking in a Geo metro. Lastly the original price for the car is INSANE for its cost (the mid model) you could buy a same year IROC Camaro AND a Cobra Mustang.
Overall review: Don't get this eye sore, it is WAY to late to tell the poor.... saabs (heh heh heh) that bought these paper weights but I beg you, if you are going to buy a used car for your kids don't get this!!!
89 Pgh. Saab Hatchback by Pgh Saab Lover on 12/28/2004. Trim: 1989 Saab 900 Hatchback, Owned 6 years.
Pros: I have the 89 Hatchback with 142000 miles. The car is great and has a lot of pep enen though it's not a turbo. I also have a 92 Turbo 5 Speed Convertible. I think the 89 is faster than the 92. I've had both cars for over 7 years. They can be a problem to upkeep them, but they are both great cars in my book.
Cons: They can be a little expensive to maintain, but over all .... a great car
Overall review: I have two Saabs, a 89 Hatchback and 92 Turbo Converible. Both are great cars
The perfect euro car. by Jon on 12/01/2004. Trim: 1989 Saab 900 Turbo SPG hatchback, Owned 5 years.
Pros: It is fun to drive, it just puts you ahead of all of the others out there on the road, it is also rare, so it is fun to be one of a kind in a neighborhood. the car handels like a dream at high speeds.
Cons: slow acceleration, but it is worth it.
Overall review: great car, fun to drive, woill buy another, when this one bites the dust. and then i will probally restore it, because it is an spg
Classic SAAB's quirkiness is a good thing! by Wayner from San Diego, Ca. on 09/16/2004. Trim: 1989 Saab 900 S 2-Door Hatchback, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: It has character, and does'nt look like all the other cars out there.
Cons: When something does go wrong it's pricey to get fixed, unless you like working on your own car as I do.
Overall review: I love the quirkiness of this classic car, it's wraparound windshield, throne like seating, clamshell hood, huge,huge trunk, and best of all....the ignition key on the floor! what other car has that!
FUN TO DRIVE by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/27/2004. Trim: 1989 Saab 900 Turbo SPG hatchback, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Anyone who has driven this turbo Saab knows how great it is. It is more fun to drive than just about anything I have ever seen.
Cons: Since it is a late 80s car, the body is not very stream lined. It is a very different look. It could be good or bad, depending on who you talk to.
Overall review: FUN TO DRIVE! Even with odd shaped body is fuel effecient. The best part is they are rare so you don't see them often when driving around.