1997 Porsche Boxster

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next
Great Top-down Roadster to cruise the California coast. by CJ Boxster on 02/28/2007. Trim: 1997 Porsche Boxster, Owned 10 years.
Pros: Once desnorkled i love the intake noise. Handling is great and expected from a true MR setup. Love the interior styling.
Cons: Most options standard.... I mean cruise control... some people dont have it in there boxsters. I hate the plastic window, always have to chop that mofo before folding. Brake dust. Gear ratio is weird... maybe my RPMs drop too quickly for me but its alittle jerky, Usually have to blip the throttle to make shifts as smooth as possible.
Overall review: I would recommend this car but also recommend you get a PPI (Point of Purchase Inspection) from Porsche on the Boxster before you purchase it. I didnt and i had to replace the MAF, the Convertible top, Rear control arms, O2 sensors and not the AOS (Air Oil Separator). A PPI will check for this stuff... Stress the PPI tech to look for RMS leaks too, they are common.
A lot of fun, but has its problems by Jason on 03/23/2001. Trim: 1997 Porsche Boxster, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Fun to drive - nothing better on a warm night with the top down. THe engine sound is great
Cons: Had many oil leak problems - top bar poped out, engine light goes on every few months, seat belt (air bag) light has been on since I bought it. Overheated a few times.
Overall review: I looked at turning it in a few times - but my first choice has been to get another Porsche - I think I just got a bad one. This is not the quality check I would have expected - but no other car interests me for the price.
Boxster22 by 22 on 08/05/2006. Trim: 1997 Porsche Boxster, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Handling, 3rd Gear.
Cons: 1st Speed Acceleration Costs for Repairs (or so I hear)
Overall review: Bought my first Porsche. Granted it is a 1997 Boxter but with 17.5k miles it is like new. 1997 - First Year - some day it might actually be worth something. Great 3rd Car. Love driving it.
Stu's excellent ride. by Stu on 06/26/2004. Trim: 1997 Porsche Boxster, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The ultimate roadster. Quality, style and priced just high enough to not make it an everyday site on the road.
Overall review: Best car in the world.
Have had my '97 since new by Boxster in beautiful CA coast on 03/24/2004. Trim: 1997 Porsche Boxster, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Great sports car with true Porsche handling abilities.
Cons: Interior looks cheap. Expensive to upgrade. A little weak in power but can still better than my skill once up to speed.
Overall review: Great car to buy used for a lot of fun. Be prepared to deal with expensive maintenance traditional with P cars. I still think this is the best "true" sports car out there because of mid engine and suspension features.
Review ID: #420093 Is this review offensive?
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next