1989 Porsche 911

1989 Porsche 911 pictures are not available
1989 Porsche 911 Prices
1989 Porsche 911 Fuel Economy
The Black Beauty by Happy first time Porsche owner from Las Vegas on 10/24/2003. Trim: 1989 Porsche 911 Carrera coupe, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I've been searching for a long time to find this 89 black beauty, she has only 71km when I bought her from Seattle this spring Feb-03. Everything is original, exterior shines like a mirror, engine runs strong & idle stable at 850 to 900 RPM, interior looks like only 3 or 4 years old, no cracks on dash board & leather seats.... Near perfect condition. I brought her to a local dealer for air cond service, the service consultant & 1 sales man asked me to let them know first if ever I want to let her go in the future.
Cons: Well, there is nothing that I dislike about this beauty, who ever owns one knows parts & labor are quite expensive, for example, recharged about 3 lb of R12 and replaced an O ring, it cost $575.00, 4 wheels alignment cost $320.00, but.. Hey, everything has a price, just think of how she gripe the ground for cornering and the stability of high speed experience, it's worthy the higher cost.
Overall review: Anyone who owns one knows it'll take a while to get use to it, the clutch pedal spring is quite hard or heavy to press at first, but after a few hours, I like it better than the Japanese made soft feeling clutch pedal. She is in such of a perfect condition, I don't abuse her as a daily driver and put on 50 miles each working day, I only take her out to our Kingdom Hall meeting with my family as a family day on Sunday and only if the weather is right. For someone who wants to own a Porsche 911 coupe, do yourself a favor, find the one between 87-89, they may not be the best compare to the 95-98, but for under $30k, the 87-89 gives you lots of upgrade compare to the 85 or older years model... Well, hope you can find a good one out there and share my experiences.
cool stuff by Ake on 10/23/2010. Trim: 1989 Porsche 911 Turbo, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Turbo lag
Cons: turbo Lag
Overall review: cooool
love my targa by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/18/2007. Trim: 1989 Porsche 911 Targa, Owned 3 years.
Pros: last of the true 911's
Cons: fit of top
Overall review: easy to drive too fast
This is the "Ultimate Driving Machine". by Happy Old Guy on 02/13/2007. Trim: 1989 Porsche 911 Targa, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I love the acceleration, top end speed, handling and braking. Although the coupe is more practical, my wife and I like the open cockpit of the Targa for the air and sun. It is safe and comfortable for our summer excursions but easy enough to drive every day.
Cons: The HVAC is problematic. At least the heater and defroster work well. Air conditioner, not so much. Routine upkeep is expensive. This is not a car for an amateur. Take a driving course (PCA for example). The rear engine drive and weight ditribution make it difficult to transition from front wheel drive cars with the weight in the front.
Overall review: This is my final car in the series. My first was a 1980 Targa, then a 1985 Targa and now my dream car a 1989 Targa. This has everything the first 2 didn't have and the heater even works! I have tried the newer models but there is something about this car that sets it apart from the rest. This is without a doubt the finest car I have ever owned.
Porsche. It's true. There is no substitute. by Mike in J'ville on 01/31/2005. Trim: 1989 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 coupe, Owned 2 years.
Pros: This vehicle sticks to the road. I have no problem maintaining speeds of 140-160 even while passing on a highway veer. 140 in this thing actually feels moderate, about like 80 does in my wife's honda. It's not a drag car by any means, but if you want a car that's designed particularly to handle at and maintain high speeds, then rear engine, all wheel drive, 4 WHL Ind. Susp, 4 WHL discs, and a pop up rear fin are for you. This car handles VERY well. It is handbuilt, so even older ones are tight. Hence, not the shakes and rattles you get from cheaper, mass produced american cars. Chics dig it.
Cons: 0-60 acceleration is not super impressive. It's like a Mustang GT with a 1500 rpm longer power band, but if 0-60 is your cup of tea, then don't buy a porsche. Porsches are for guys who want fast cars. Speeds between 0 and 60 are not fast. They're relatively slow, actually. Porsches are for driving enthusiasts who want a well rounded, bullet proof, road course car, so they're not for guys who think driver's skill comes from red lights and calf strength. Hey man, my grandmother can drive a car down a straight line. She's not impressive to me, but the mustang guys love her. Upkeep is pricy, and unless you have a lift and know porsches well, don't plan on doing the upkeep yourself.
Overall review: Overall, I love my car. It is dependable, very fast, and very safe because you can maintain control at very high speeds, meaning straight roads are boring in a porsche and the joy of driving it is availed by the gas pedal, the steering wheel, and the ability to drive. To have a car that will do 170 is saying a little. To have one that will manuever without sliding at 170 is why people gladly pay more.