1999 Pontiac Grand Am

Problem free. Thats right......problem free! by Grand Am fan from Indianapolis on 03/08/2010. Trim: 1999 Pontiac Grand Am SE Sedan, Owned 7 years.
Pros: My Grand Am has 178,000 miles on it and I have never had any of the problems others say they have. Maybe I just take really good care of it. I love the way it handles and it is comfortable. It has never gotten stuck in the snow and never lost control of it on ice. I changed out the front brakes myself. Only took me about 20 minutes. The only fluid it ever needs is washer fluid and the transmission has been solid so far. Other reviews had me worried but now I'm just baffled by them. I was going to buy a new car when this one eventually died, but now I'm considering having the engine rebuilt instead. It has a 3.4 V-6. I love this car.
Cons: Never had a problem so I have no cons to offer.
Overall review: Great handling. Car looks and drives nice. If you just take care of it with regular maint. like with any other car it will last a long time. Mine has 178,000 miles on it and has no problems to speak of. Good gas MPG. I really enjoy driving my car.
Great, reliable, long lasting vehicle! by Bett from Houston on 10/11/2010. Trim: 1999 Pontiac Grand Am SE Coupe, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: I have had my Grand Am 11 years and have had no major problems with it at all. I've just done regular maintenance and had a few minor repairs here and there. Mostly just parts that are finally wearing out after 11 years.
Cons: I wish the hub cabs were a little nicer. Also the little metal strip behind the side windows used to be black but peeled over the years. Wish it was a little less expensive to repaint those. Also, I wish that the back seat of mine folded down. I thought I was buying a model that did have a folding back seat, but the car dealership did a "bait and switch" scheme on me so I ended up with a different model that did not have folding back seats. I didn't realize it until I had had the car for 2 weeks.
Overall review: I would definitely buy this model again. It has been great. I paid my car off years ago and it has been great to not have car payments all these years. I've not had huge car repair bills either so it has been very worth it.
THE ULTIMATE CAR by mark fletcher shelbyville ind. on 11/22/2009. Trim: 1999 Pontiac Grand Am SE2 Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: good gas mileage when mantained well.love the style of the car and performance.love the 3.4 V6
Cons: had a problem with power stearing pump and fuel pump but over all very reliable car
Overall review: very good reliable car would recommend buying
Good bang for the buck. by David from Missouri on 12/06/2004. Trim: 1999 Pontiac Grand Am SE Sedan, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The style, look and performance.
Cons: slight Problems with electrical equiptment such as power windows and stereo doesn't function properly.
Overall review: I am pleased with the car over all, I bought the car used and the only problem I've had so far was with the stereo and the power windows are slightly wearing out.
sweet car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/13/2004. Trim: 1999 Pontiac Grand Am SE1 Sedan, Owned 4 years.
Pros: styling is original and good looking, has great handling, good price
Cons: that it is not the best quality, interior is kind of boring
Overall review: good car for its price