1998 Pontiac Grand Am

1998 Pontiac Grand Am Prices
1998 Pontiac Grand Am Fuel Economy
Don't buy a Pontiac by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/28/2009. Trim: 1998 Pontiac Grand Am GT coupe, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Basically the only thing I like about this car is the way it looks.
Cons: This car runs through parts constantly and has some mysterious electrical malfunction that, according to the many mechanics I've taken it to, is a common problem among pontiacs and has do to with faulty manufacturing.
Overall review: I have had so many problems with this car. Two weeks after I drove it off the lot I had to have the alternator replaced (TWICE!), the power window motor replaced, the liquid level sensor in the gas tank replaced, and the windshield wiper motor replaced, and the car was brand new! When, after replacing the alternator twice, I took it to a mechanic other then the dealer(they couldn't tell me why it was still acting up) because I was still having the same problems I did before replacing it he told me that he sees this make and model coming in with this same problem all the time, said it was something that occured during the manufacturing after 1996. He gave me the name of a guy who could help me, who in turn told me that it would be more then the car was worth to try and fix it. To this day it is still doing the same thing and has gone through another alternator. My advice, DON'T BUY A PONTIAC.
My favorite car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/21/2003. Trim: 1998 Pontiac Grand Am GT coupe, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Car's great when it runs... Great ride, fun to drive, good acceleration.
Cons: I went through 6 alternators in a year and a half.
Overall review: I love this car... Finally got the alternator issue cleared up, and it's running perfectly.
great vehicle by Cheryl from LaVista NE. on 04/06/2003. Trim: 1998 Pontiac Grand Am SE sedan, Owned 5 years.
Cons: I would have chosen gray for the interior instead of tan.
Overall review: Has been a wonderful car, no major problems at all. Only repair done to the car other than scheduled maintanence is the alternator went out last summer.
Cute Little Car by Nicole from Arizona on 07/26/2002. Trim: 1998 Pontiac Grand Am GT sedan, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: It's a very sporty little car that is gas-efficient and runs very well. Along with a great sound system and cool air conditioner, I love it!!
Overall review: This is an excellent car and would definitely buy it if I had it to do over again.
grandslam grandam by A CarPoint Consumer on 03/16/2001. Trim: 1998 Pontiac Grand Am SE sedan, Owned 2 years.
Overall review: the car looks,rides and handles great