1996 Pontiac Grand Am

1996 Pontiac Grand Am Prices
1996 Pontiac Grand Am Fuel Economy
Decent car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/17/2010. Trim: 1996 Pontiac Grand Am SE Sedan, Owned 8 years.
Pros: Will not die. I have owned this vehicle for 8 years and have over 160 000 miles on it now. I am waiting for it to kick the bucket so that I can buy something new but it will not die. This car has been very reliable for me. Besides brakes, tires, fluids and a windshield that is all I have done to this car.
Cons: The trunk arms are the only downfall. They take up a portion of the trunk so that wide items will not fit properly.
Overall review: I would reccomend this car to anyone that wants cheap transportation as parts are easy to come by and are cheap.
Decent Cheap Vehicle by Bob from the vegetable aisle on 10/28/2005. Trim: 1996 Pontiac Grand Am SE Coupe, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Fun to drive, good acceleration with the 5 speed and good mileage
Cons: Cheap fit and finish, bubbly plastic interior, seats that make a wooden deck chair look like heaven. Why is the cup holder behind the shifter?
Overall review: Decent cheap vehicle.
by Marissa on 06/10/2004. Trim: 1996 Pontiac Grand Am SE Sedan, Owned 2 years.
Pros: This vehicle is great on gas.
Cons: The speakers arent that great but you can always replace them.
Overall review: I'm very happy with my Pontiac Gram Am. I've had this vehicle for over two years and I've not had any problems yet. This is a good car to get for those new drivers because this was my first car. This car isnt hard to handle (parking, ect.).
Pretty Good Car by ACM on 03/26/2003. Trim: 1996 Pontiac Grand Am SE Sedan, Owned 3 years.
Pros: It's a pretty reliable car. I've had mine for about 3 years and I've used it for long excursions (going to drive it 1200 miles this weekend - let's see how it goes) and locally and never broke down or anything. Had a recall on something in the ignition and when I brought it to Pontiac, they were extremely helpful and considerate.
Cons: The water pump went in the first year of my purchase (it was covered by a warranty), the brakes are a little tricky - especially in wet weather and had them repaired 2x, the alternator went 1x (I think that was because the mechanic was an idiot - he was only supposed to give me an inspection and he messed up the car - haven't used the mechanic since and haven't had any more alternator problems either).
Overall review: A decent, reliable car and as long as it gets me from point A to point B without any major problems, I'm OK with it.
ok by Sporting life from PA on 12/23/2002. Trim: 1996 Pontiac Grand Am SE Coupe, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Ilike the way the car looks has good space in car as well as trunk
Cons: has no lights in the front ashtray area can't see at night
Overall review: not a bad car i'm happy with it