1996 Pontiac Bonneville

1996 Pontiac Bonneville Prices
1996 Pontiac Bonneville Fuel Economy
296,000 trouble free miles and still going! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/09/2008. Trim: 1996 Pontiac Bonneville SE, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: I bought this car in 1997 with 17,000 miles. It had been a leased car previous. It now has 296,000 miles. It has been an incredible car with very few repairs. It needs a new fuel pump now after 190,000 miles which I am thinking about replacing. It still runs although not as smooth due to the need of a fuel pump. Just wondering how many more miles this engine/transmission will do. I have to admit I have not been great about anything such as transmission oil changes, flushing the radiator or any of those types of services. However, I do change the engine oil every 5000 miles. I also change the fuel filter after 50,000 miles.
Cons: There is only one thing I would change on this car and it is the arm rest. We had only had it a short time when it would no longer latch. The whole arm rest eventually fell right off. My mechanic did tell me the plenum is leaking and should be replaced. Just have to decide if I've maxed out my miles or if I should fix it since it has been an absolute gem of a car!
Overall review: It is a fantastic car and would highly recommend it to anyone wanting a nice, comfortable ride with no problems.
The perfect sleeper by Roadtech195 from Bartlett,TN on 06/29/2008. Trim: 1996 Pontiac Bonneville SE, Owned 8 years.
Pros: The car has plenty of power, great gas millage and has been trouble free since day one of ownership.
Overall review: It is a strong running dependable car that rides real nice and is inexpensive to maintain.
Best car i have ever owned by Long Island, NY on 10/26/2007. Trim: 1996 Pontiac Bonneville SSE, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: I bought this vehicle brand new. For a person of my height and size (6'4") this is the best car I have ever sat in. There is so much room in the front and from experience (5 hour car ride annually) the backseat offers plenty of room. Without the supercharged version, the 205 horses is plenty to get you to where you have to go with a little bit of "oomph" if you need to pick up the speed. For such a big car, the handling is amazing and it drives on the open road like theres no tomorrow. The most impressive thing I can think of is the handling in the snow. During a trip to Vermont my car was able to get up an icy hill with no problem and my cousins new Ford explorer with 4WD had problems.
Cons: The only problems with my car have been the same that you would have with any car. It is now 12 years old and had over 200,000 miles. The brakes go after extensive use everyday but that is to be expected, never had to fix the transmission although as of the last month the shift from first to second is getting slightly rough but not tot he point where something needs to be done. The biggest/ most expensive problem I have had with this car was replacing the brakes. Other small repairs include flushing the air conditioning, cleaning out the radiator, and replacing the coolant tank (which cracked on a freak accident and should never happen).
Overall review: Overall, this is the kind of car that should last as long as you care for it. I would reccomend it to anyone looking for a used car or even just another car. I will probably use my car until i cant drive it anymore and go look for another Bonneville instead of a new car. It is a shame that Pontica stopped producing these cars because it is a hidden gem among 4 doors. Another review called it the "poor mans BWM" and i have to say, after driving a BWM i would much rather drive my Pontiac.
Trash Can with Wheels! by Michael%20%20Kingsport%2Ctn on 12/06/2007. Trim: 1996 Pontiac Bonneville SE, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Another Pile of junk!! brake lines & fuel lines rust & plastic upper intake will & is gonna rupture!
Cons: To many to list!
Overall review: Cheap unreliable transportation!! Buy a Accord or Maxima & get way more for your buck!
Review ID: #519566 Is this review offensive?
1996 Bonneville great deal at used price by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/27/2006. Trim: 1996 Pontiac Bonneville SSE, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Good gas mileage for the size of the engine. Leather is very comfortable and the car drives nice. It will run for a while but you must maintain. I have 72K on it and bought it with 34K from a guy who took great care of it. So far I had to replace water pump 500 and an ignition coil and spark plug wire with fuel filter 300.
Cons: They told me the water pump was rare but it shouldnt have failed that early 62K. Also, the drive belt has an engine mount in the way costing more labor to replace. Still a quality car so far though would recommend.
Overall review: Reliable and enough room to get kids car seats in.