1998 Oldsmobile LSS

1998 Oldsmobile LSS Prices
1998 Oldsmobile LSS Fuel Economy
Someone's 'Grampa' took good care of her for me. by TC on 12/03/2009. Trim: 1998 Oldsmobile LSS, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: My first LSS. Old Oldses are usually well maintained, gently used & cheap to buy & insure. I love the leather, bucket seats, floor shift, stiffer suspension, larger, wider, lower profile tires on nice rims. Luxury touches - self-dimming mirror, compass, terrific stereo. Performs very well. No supercharger but fantastic passing acceleration, yet cruises quietly & effortlessly at very low rpm. Gets better highway mileage than our 4 cyl CRV. Very reliable. When needed it's easy & fast to fix & parts are inexpensive. Colour-matched cladding on lower doors & rockers. It keeps the cars looking really nice. Without it, the inevitable minor rusting that occurs after 11 years would show.
Cons: Unfortunately it doesn't have a sunroof but I have to blame the original owner for that. I'd like the suspension to be even a little stiffer, but considering the era it was built, I can live with it. Taillights do not have a separate amber section for the turning indicator. Headlights could offer a bit more illumination. Outside mirrors are too small. Rear seatbelt aren't long enough to accommodate large guests - can be embarrassing for a large guest.
Overall review: I have owned 2 EightEight LSs (still have my 96). My mechanic recommended this GM chassis, engine (shared with Bonneville and Park Avenue). He's younger and wanted me in a Bonneville, but I found that most Bonnevilles were owned by youngsters & driven hard every day. Many used Oldsmobiles and Park Avenues were owned by older folks who looked after them, didn't do a daily commute in all kinds of bad conditions and maybe took the car south for a while in the winter. Usually, they ordered them fully loaded so when you find one it can be a real bargain. If you're a nut for all the very latest technological gizzmos, you'll have to pass on a used Olds, but if you're a bit nostalgic and just want to drive a really nice car for a tenth the purchase price of a 3 year old yuppie-mobile, find a "grampa car" like my LSS and laugh all the way to the bank.
Best car I ever had by Martin Tremblay on 09/01/2003. Trim: 1998 Oldsmobile LSS, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: spacious and rialliable
Cons: When I push on the gas the front tire seem to spin really fast and it makes a heck of a noise.
Overall review: really good car
Excellent6 family car by Louis from Abilene, Texas on 10/12/2002. Trim: 1998 Oldsmobile LSS, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Style
Cons: IInside drivers door panel keep cracking
Overall review: Good to Excellent
ultimate sleeper by mike, southern us on 06/23/2001. Trim: 1998 Oldsmobile LSS, Owned 1 year.
Pros: power,comfort,plus its the only one i've seen in this part of the country!
Cons: paint on front bumper peeling
Overall review: a good car for the money. not only does it look good, but several "youngsters" have been startled by its performance. nothing beats a wolf in sheeps clothing!
Awesome by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/11/2008. Trim: 1998 Oldsmobile LSS, Owned 10 years.
Pros: Everything, Awesome car!!!
Cons: Nothing, Best car I ever owned, Nicer than my 2006 Lexus
Overall review: Awesome car inside and out