1997 Oldsmobile LSS

1997 Oldsmobile LSS Prices
1997 Oldsmobile LSS Fuel Economy
2 3 4 5 6  Next
A True Sports Sedan by Prescott from Lakeville, Minnesota on 12/04/2005. Trim: 1997 Oldsmobile LSS, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The supercharged engine is awesome. Right after I bought the car I took it to the drag strip and ran a 14.7@93mph and 6.4 seconds from 0-60mph, bone stock!! It will smoke most stock Mustangs. Since it has the same engine as the GTP, the aftermarket is HUGE! With just $3000 worth of mods, I can be running with Vipers and Vetts of the same year. Handling is good and is even better with Monroe shocks. I like the seats as I can drive for over 6 hours without discomfort. The features are great and the car is very reliable.
Cons: The brakes could be better. The rotors start to warp after a lot of 100mph quick stops.
Overall review: This is the best vehicle I’ve owned. This seems like the only car that can take my aggressive driving habits. Most high performance vehicles are a maintenance nightmare. The LSS is not. It drives smoothly, idles smooth, the transmission shifts smooth and quick, and it never bogs down in hot weather with the A/C running. A few years back I had to rent an Accord for a long trip. After 500 miles of my diving it started to bog down and after 2000 miles the engine light came on. Now when I took an even longer trip with the LSS, it seemed to get better the longer I drove it. I purchased it a year ago with 107,000 miles on it and a 3yr/36,000 mile warranty that I purchased from the dealer. Now with 122,000 miles, I’ve never even used the warranty. GM should have kept this line. But, it was the consumers sheepish following of the whole “imports are best” BS that killed the line. And BS it is because the LSS outperforms and is more reliable than the imports.
Denver by yankeefan on 04/12/2005. Trim: 1997 Oldsmobile LSS, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Supercharger engine. Great with everything at your fingertips. Total electric controls. Great for handicap person with seat adjustability , i.e. up and down, forward and back to allow for more seat room to get in car. Very few problems. Has 121,000 miles on car now.
Cons: Electronics. Fuel gauges recently started to read incorrect levels when less than half tank of gas.
Overall review: Excellent comfortable car. Have had car for 5 and half years now.
lss fan by mac on 11/19/2004. Trim: 1997 Oldsmobile LSS, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Reliable, comfortable- very nice
Cons: The more features your have the more can go wrong.
Overall review: Great car.
LSS Fan by Steve from Iowa on 11/18/2004. Trim: 1997 Oldsmobile LSS, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Lots of fun to drive, not lacking in horse power. Can pull a trailer like a truck, I pulled my trailer to the dump one time and unloaded 800 pounds from it, and the trailer probibly weights more then 200, so I know it can handle 1000 pounds no problem, but I wouldn't subject my car to that to often.
Cons: I like it to much to slam it
Overall review: Great car to own
A great used car purchase by Yankfan from Kalamazoo, Mi on 01/20/2004. Trim: 1997 Oldsmobile LSS, Owned 2 years.
Pros: rides very nicely, handles well, and has great pickup
Cons: left rear passenger power window doesn't work, and the fuel gauge doesn't work
Overall review: aside from the 2 problems, an excellent car......(bought used)
2 3 4 5 6  Next