1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass

1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Prices
1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Fuel Economy
good auto by willy from michigan on 11/24/2004. Trim: 1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Base, Owned 5 years.
Pros: v6 has great pickup and passing power,handels good and turns on a dime,this is a very good car for the money.this car is 8 years old and still no body rust.I have 80,000 miles on this car and it runs like a fine swiss watch. it is my only ride and it has never let me down in the last 5 years since I got it used.
Cons: ride is a little hard,better with new tires.had a few repaires.
Overall review: you can't beat this car for the money,it' not a caddy but it's not priced like one eather.I would buy another if I every needed another car.
Best Teen owned car by Kate from Galesburg IL. on 08/01/2003. Trim: 1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Base, Owned less than 1 year.
Overall review: Very nice car to have as a teenager. Reliable and very good looking
I think I got a lemon! by I need a mechanic in Michigan on 10/07/2005. Trim: 1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Base, Owned 2 years.
Pros: For its age, it still looks pretty good. Just this year it has started to rust at the gas tank and bottom of the doors. The leather interior is very nice and I really like having keyless entry.
Cons: It constantly needs repairs. I have replaced wheel bearings three times in the last two years $250 each time. I have also had to replace the altranator and get the front brakes done. A little piece of plastic snapped on the the windshield wipers and it cost $170! The electical is all jiggy with lights coming on and off all the time. Sometimes when I drive down the road, all my gauges drop to zero and then come back on miles later or not until I start the car again. My drivers side window has been broken for over a year because I don't want to pay the $170 to fix it. It has also fallen under several re-calls that are a hassle to deal with even though they don't cost you anything.
Overall review: This car has cost me well over 1000 each year in repairs above regular maintenance since I bought it in 2003. Every time I get in it, I am paranoid that every little noise is going to strand me somewhere.
"The Brakes Will Break You" by No Name from Noplace on 03/16/2005. Trim: 1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Base, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Have owned this car since it was new. Immediately after buying it, began having problems with the front brake disks. Have had it repaired by dealer while under warranty 3 times. Repaired another 5 times, and needs it again. Also had to replace intake manifold gasket, water pump, distributor shaft seals and gaskets. Tape player doesn't work, radio and CD ok. I wouldn't recomend purchase of this vehicle because of brakes. Otherwise an average performer. Why are we keeping it? Wife emotionally attached to it. Mother purchased it for her before she died in 2000. I would trade it in a heartbeat if wife wouldn't mind, she does, so we're stuck, unless something major or it is totalled in a wreck.
Cons: See above. I have very few good comments about it because of the brakes.
Overall review: Average performer. Suggest the 1998 or 99 version. Brake problem resolved in the '98 model year ( good friend has a '98 cutlass supreme, little troubles, loves the car).
Troublefree by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/26/2004. Trim: 1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass GLS, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I love my car! Wish they would continue making it!
Overall review: Low maintenance; great road car; great work car. Love my car!