1996 Oldsmobile Bravada

1996 Oldsmobile Bravada Prices
1996 Oldsmobile Bravada Fuel Economy
2 3 4 5 6  Next
Good Vehicle by John O. Mobile Al on 10/18/2006. Trim: 1996 Oldsmobile Bravada, Owned 6 years.
Pros: I have the towing package for a 3000 lb. boat. It handles it well though I don't know how it would do in hill country. I have had very few problems. If I drive it like a grandmother I get 20 mpg avg. city/hwy. If I drive it like I want to I get 16 mpg avg. I live in the middle of hurricane alley and have driven this thing in very bad conditions. It drives as well as my Volvo in heavy rain. Bought it with 80,000 mi.s and have put 100,000 since. I expect to get 250,000 mi.s out of it and then I'm going to buy something just like it!
Cons: It has the worst turning radius of any truck I've ever driven. The vihicle was very quiet when I bought it but has developed some non repairable rattles with age (the door hinges are not adjustable) so it's noisy going over bumps. The accessory electrical components are cheap. Replaced mirror motor, window motor, washer pump, tailgate lock solenoid, hazard light switch, etc.
Overall review: This has been a great truck. Its had to do some pretty heavy lifting afterlast years storms and handles it well. It is a great ride on a long trip, gets good gas milage (when driven slowly), and (at 180,000 miles) is holding up great. I maintain it and keep it clean and it does everything I ask it to do.
Decade Durability by Jimmy T from Roswell, GA on 04/23/2006. Trim: 1996 Oldsmobile Bravada, Owned 6 years.
Pros: handles well on and especially off road for light mud and ice
Cons: braking could have been better designed... also eats brakes unless you spend the money on really high quality pads.
Overall review: the interior and engine, trans, etc have held up remarkably well even with the heavy abuse I manage to put on them. I got it from a friend in 2000. even after a decade, this suv still rivals most.
96 BRAVADA - by GMAN on 01/02/2004. Trim: 1996 Oldsmobile Bravada, Owned 5 years.
Pros: HAVE A 96 WITH 140K, 3RD BRAVADA OWNED - WORKED IN OLDS SERVICE GARAGE AT DEALERSHIP 7 YRS. (WILL BUY NEW BODY STYLE IN 1-2 YRS) SLEEKER AND BETTER EQUIPPED THEN OTHER 4.3 JIMMYS & BLAZERS (TRY THIS FOR FUN ON HIGHWAY DOING 60-70 MPH - ROLL DOWN BACK WINDOWS ONLY) AM SORRY TO SEE BRAVADA PHASED OUT.
Cons: 4.3 V6 IN TANK FUEL PUMP ($350.00) SERP. BELT TENSIONER WORST PART OF VEH. (PULLEY VERY LOUD!!!)
Overall review: BEST SUV. LAST 10 YRS. HANDS DOWN
Stylish / Reliable SUV needs a little patience by Scott from Michigan on 10/14/2003. Trim: 1996 Oldsmobile Bravada, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Appearance - Comfort - Bad Weather Handling - Split rear hatch is quite convenient
Cons: Sluggish pick up from stop - Fog lights are useless ( Not bright enough to enhance visibility )
Overall review: My 96 Bravada has 143,000 miles on it - mostly highway driving obviously. I too have had my trials with this car regarding transmission work, but I believe it was money well spent, because it still looks and drives great, even for its age and mileage. The Engine Light is quite sensitive to emission deviations. All in all, I expect this car to last well over 200 K miles.
Keep Your Checkbook Handy by Disappointed in WA on 10/11/2003. Trim: 1996 Oldsmobile Bravada, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Love driving this vehicle, lots of room for four and cargo in back. It is comfortable; good winter rig in snow.
Cons: Way too many problems for a pricey vehicle. Bought with 43,000 miles and now has 93,000. Have replaced transmission, fuel pump assembly, alternator, electric door locks, heater core, air bag computer chip. Scheduled to replace windshield wiper module due to actual intermittent problems (this is factory recall item just received by mail). at this writing; over $6,000 worth of repairs. Based on previous GM products, I really expected far better service from this vehicle.
Overall review: Would not recommend it to anyone. Luckily, I spent $1,300 on warranty through credit union when purchasing vehicle that has covered approx. $5,000 of these repairs. The rest occured right after the policy expired. These problems started right after I bought this vehicle. I honestly believe that the previous owner unloaded it due to ongoing problems that he didn't want to deal with any longer. This vehicle has completely soured me on any GM vehicles in the future; note that I have owned several Olds, Buicks & Chevys in the past. I am afraid to take it on long trips, even several hundred miles due to past problems causing fear of more problems at any time.
2 3 4 5 6  Next