1998 Nissan 200SX

1998 Nissan 200SX Prices
1998 Nissan 200SX Fuel Economy
from a teenagers perspective by 2SeRious from Bellingham,WA on 06/25/2004. Trim: 1998 Nissan 200SX Base, Owned 1 year.
Pros: i've had my 200sx for about a year and ahalf now and its only got 92,000 something on the odometer. The only problems i've had is something with the spark plugs and now my clutch is going out. Other than that its been great. If u want more performance out of this engine, a hotshot cold air intake is a great mod. i have one and i also have an aftermarket exhaust. this engine has a lot of potential. the handling on the car is nice also. The exterior styling on the 98 200sx's is very unique as well. I have a timber frost color 98 200sx and i lowered 2 inches on 16 inch rims. it looks really nice and ver unique
Cons: the only thing that bugs me about this car is the base model seats. They don't really seem to keep u snug while cornering buts iall good. Also the engine is peppy but it could use some more power. If u get the se-R version, its a totally different story.
Overall review: I love this car and iwould reccomend it to anyone. Id give it a 8.5 out of 10. I never plan on selling it. also one thing that annoyed me at first was the stock ride height. If u think that ur 200 or sentra is to high then all u need to do is lower it a couple.. Trust me.. IT makes a HUGE difference in the apperance
Awesome if you can find one... by Megan from Waco, TX on 02/25/2004. Trim: 1998 Nissan 200SX SE, Owned 7 years.
Overall review: Great vehicle! Few problems in my 108,000 miles... fits 5 people snugly. Excellent handling, and comfortable environment. Can easily drive long distances comfortably and reliably.
Good when it's new....then it falls apart....FAST. by JayT on 02/14/2004. Trim: 1998 Nissan 200SX SE, Owned 5 years.
Pros: It was great when it was new....then everything started to break!
Cons: Leaking valve cover at 68,000k. Wiper motor and linkage system replaced at 70,000k. Then major engine problems at 71,000k
Overall review: This car was great when it was new, and for like 4 1/2 years after that. I never had any problems. I did all the maintenance and oil changes. Then this past year once it was paid for, everything started to break. It would be like every week there'd be something else that was wrong with it. Watch out for the stuff I mentioned (in cons) on top of hardware issues (frozen door locks, easily dings, interior fades) Needless to say after 71,000 miles I traded it in because I didn't know what else it was gonna be when the service engine light came on.
My Red Rocket by 404 rider from Ontario on 02/05/2004. Trim: 1998 Nissan 200SX SE-R, Owned 6 years.
Pros: A fun, great handling perky car. After 5 years (almost) of driving this car, it's still the family's favourite to grab when heading out.
Cons: The cup holders are too small to be of any use. Brakes have not lasted as long as expected.
Overall review: Will only replace this car when absolutely necessary. It's a keeper!
5 years and running strong! by Brian N. from Waukesha, Wis on 12/03/2003. Trim: 1998 Nissan 200SX SE, Owned 5 years.
Pros: owned now for 5 years with no problems what-so-ever! I own a stick shift and gas milage has been between 33-38 mpg.Has an excellent climate control system,heats and cools quickly.seats are nice and firm the way I like them and are holding up perfectly.the overall fit and finish is excellent! no rattles or noises,sometimes almost too quiet.
Cons: Cupholders are way too small and poorly located.(cover up the radio)
Overall review: this is my second nissan(87 truck had also) a great car overall would highly recommend it! I currently have 65,000 miles on it and the only thing i have replaced are tires!.....9.5