1998 Nissan Maxima

Runs perfect with 215,000 miles on purchase (3rd owner) by Mr-D from Boston on 07/10/2010. Trim: 1998 Nissan Maxima GLE, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Just bought it with 215000 miles on it for $1500... And it run exellent... Used for traveling 1000 miles with no problem...
Cons: None so far
Overall review: Absolutely recomended....
Best Deal for Me by CMSL for Texas on 03/17/2010. Trim: 1998 Nissan Maxima GXE, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: I've had my car for 12 years. 105,000 miles later I have not put any major repairs into the car. i've had a couple of minor problems, but this is normal for the age of the car. I am in the process of looking into purchasing another car. My first thought was a newer version of my old car. I love it and since it really is in excellent condition, I always get offers to purchase it when i get ready to get a new car.
Cons: The noise it makes when backing up. Seems the mechanic told me that it is that the break pads stick or some such thing. i'm not mechanical and since it has not given me any problems, he said i don't have to worry about it.
Overall review: Love my car and it still looks great. It does have leather interior, no dings on it, alarm, moon roof, cd, radio AND tape player if you can believe that. I appreciate this well made car.
1998 Nissan Maxima - a great vehicle by Tammi - Phoenix, AZ on 01/10/2010. Trim: 1998 Nissan Maxima GLE, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: I have had my Maxima for 12 years. It's the greatest vehicle I have ever own. It has 210,000 miles on it and continues to run great. Over the years I have had normal maintenance done to my Maxima such as oil changes, hoses and spark plugs replaced, etc. I have not had to do any major engine overhauls. This car still has pretty pickup and go. I love this car and will keep it till it dies. The mph hasn’t changed a bit over the years, it gets about 28 on the hwy and 24 in the city…what more could you ask for in a 12 year old vehicle. The electric seats and window still work fine although a few months ago (Nov 2009) it did need the drive side lock changed because it was sticking.
Cons: N/A
Overall review: This is a very reliable vehicle and if you are looking to buy a used Nissan and it has been taken of – I would recommend buying.
Sporty yet practical. by Longterm owner from Chicago on 06/03/2008. Trim: 1998 Nissan Maxima SE, Owned 10 years.
Pros: Good pep, few maintenance issues.
Cons: Seats worn a bit (no real surprise).
Overall review: Great overall.
My Nissan Will Eat Your Ford for Breakfast! by Bill from Elmira, NY on 12/19/2006. Trim: 1998 Nissan Maxima GXE, Owned 5 years.
Pros: This is a fabulous car. It is extremely reliable and easy to do most regular maintenance yourself (ie. Brakes, Oil, Spark Plugs). It amazes me how hard I beat on my car with 137,000 miles and it begs for more. I just drove it 8,000 miles, 3,000 of which I did virtually nonstop (except for gas) with no problems at all. These cars are wonderful, and I reccomend them to anyone who wants a powerful roomy 4-dr sedan that still gets good mileage. I typically get 18-23 mpg in the city, and 27-32 mpg on the highway depending on how heavy my foot is feeling. The lower spectrum of the city driving mpg is probably unusual for average Maxima drivers however, because I have a lead foot.
Cons: There are a lot of these cars on the road so, your not gonna be very unique. But theres a lot of them for a reason. These cars last much longer than their American counterparts. Power antennas seem to break prematurely. Cruise control doesn't work for speeds over 99 mph. Stock jack is kind of flimsy. Doesn't have a full size spare. Sun-roof controls are irritating. Passenger side floor mat bunches up all the time.
Overall review: These cars are well worth the extra price you will pay. As far as I can tell there is not a car in this price range and class that even comes close to beating the Maxima. Even after driving mine for 60,000 miles (138,000 total on car) the legendary 190hp 3.0 liter engine doesnt cease to amaze me with its unexpected power and ease of propelling this car reliably. I plan on putting at least 200,000 miles on my car, and would not be afraid to buy one of these cars with 150k+ miles. They are comfortable, reliable, fast, stylish, and tough as nails. Dont believe the lie that it costs a lot more to repair Japanese cars. I have never spent more than $300 on a repair. One other thing I am 6'5" and can drive this car comfortably for hours. I love it, and you will to!!!