1997 Nissan Altima

1997 Nissan Altima Prices
1997 Nissan Altima Fuel Economy
Yeah, keep on laughing, at least mine is paid off!!! by Dutchy from Missouri on 11/10/2011. Trim: 1997 Nissan Altima GXE, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The engine, dependability, the way it drives, really, it's hard to think about anything that is not good!
Cons: As said before, the glove compartment is way too little, and as soon as you open it, it will empty out. I also would have liked some better cup holders in a beter place due to the original ones being right above the ashtray! Oh yeah, still has the ashtray also! Yea for us smokers!
Overall review: I owned an Altima before and I bought this one with a 112.000 miles on it. It used to belong to a senior who hit several things; the front bumper was hold together with duct tape, and with several dents and scrapes in and on the body. It cracked me up. When I started the engine, it starting purring right away, on the highway; driving 75, no shakes, or rattling and the engine kept on purring like it was brand new. I WAS SOLD! I ordered immediatly a bumper sticker with the text: Yeah, keep on laughing, at least mine is paid off!!! I love it, and will drive this baby till the wheels fall off. Great car for anybody like me who doesn't need anything fancy, but just wants something dependable, summer or winter.
A reliable car, and a loyal friend by Bill Li on 10/10/2011. Trim: 1997 Nissan Altima GXE, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Reliability---very happy with it. Hold value and opportunity savings(image if I bough a new car, in four years I would have lost $$$ in depreciation). so cheap when I buy it and drops only $800 in the last 4 years if I decide to sell it today.
Cons: just in my case:black color, so hot in the summer especially when I was in FL. Leaking oil--but I think it is common for cars of this age. Doesn't burn oil for good.
Overall review: I got this car 4 years ago. It has already 130,000 miles on it. I was a poor graduate student(graduated, but still poor) and it serves like a loyal friend. I changed the battery, EGR. there are something wrong with the power window ($200 to fix). It is just a great car. I have developed a connect between my Altima and me. I will keep the car until its time comes. Now I have 170,000 miles on it, but it runs just like the day I got it. I saved a lot in insurance and depreciation of car value(opportunity savings).
the ultimate car by puppet on 06/09/2011. Trim: 1997 Nissan Altima GXE, Owned 4 years.
Pros: wowowoowoww
Cons: wowowwowowo
Overall review: hahahaah wwowowow
Awesome car by Clayton from Reno on 04/27/2011. Trim: 1997 Nissan Altima GXE, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I drive very aggressively and this car can handle the punishment. Its fast for a 4banger, I beat many stock cars. Top speed is around 120 with a short ram but in high winds.
Cons: Paint chips.
Overall review: Love this car!
Great car by Jimraider on 03/11/2011. Trim: 1997 Nissan Altima GXE, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Peppy for a 4banger without turbo.Reliable and drives under any weather condition.Easy to operate.
Cons: Glove compartment and center console too small.
Overall review: Bought mine used.It was wrecked and rebuilt and still drives like a champ.Got 120k miles and engine is still strong.A few minor quirks but nothing major.Overall a great car for it's age.Ugly but the reliability makes up for it.