1996 Nissan Sentra

1996 Nissan Sentra Prices
1996 Nissan Sentra Fuel Economy
My Dark Knight by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/07/2010. Trim: 1996 Nissan Sentra GXE, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Great Gas Mileage.... 209000 mileage right now and still going and going.
Cons: Only thing I fix this car when stalls I have to paid 1500 dollars at nissan dealer... My mechanic cant figure it out.
Overall review: I love this car.... I made a promise to my grandma if sentra die on us... I buy a new car... so far still going.
A wonderful Inheritance by Cathy from St. George on 01/10/2009. Trim: 1996 Nissan Sentra GXE, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: i was with my Mother in 96 when she purchased this car brand new. She passed away and left it to me in 2005. It had 43,000 miles on it. So I sold my Ford and kept this great vehicle. It is wonderful on gas, and is like brand new inside and out and I have never had one complaint. My husband was taking Auto Technology in the State College here for a extra course, and all the instructors wanted to buy if off of me when they saw I had inherited it. NO WAY---
Cons: A bit hard to just hop out of from time to time, but other than that. NOT one complaint
Overall review: Wonderful car. Great ease of handling. Cruise Control is great, overdrive is wonderful and other than putting on new brakes and tires last year, it has been wonderful. Even has good pick up and go when accelerating to get on the freeways.
Dependable Gas Saver! by Alli from Cali on 10/17/2008. Trim: 1996 Nissan Sentra Sedan, Owned 3 years.
Pros: AMAZING on gas mileage! I drive approximately 345 miles per week and only have to fill up my tank once a week, and I fill up at a quarter of a tank. Considering this car only has 4 cylinders and 115 horsepower it has a fair amount of get up and go. The trunk space has surprised me many times. I moved a friend from his apartment, including him and myself and all his stuff in one trip in my Sentra! I maintain my car regularly and get the oil changed every 3,000 miles and at 117,000 it is still going strong! I love this car!!!
Cons: The cup holders are in a bad spot (right in front of the stereo) and the get up and and go leaves a little to be desired. The top coat on my hood, roof and trunk is wearing off and the seal around my taillights wore out and rainwater leaked into my trunk (nothing a little epoxy from AutoZone couldn't fix).
Overall review: This car is wonderful on gas, has not had any serious mechanical problems and is still going strong. I would recommend this car to anyone!
ol faithful nissans have always been good to me by loud_pathfinder on 12/31/2010. Trim: 1996 Nissan Sentra GXE, Owned 3 years.
Pros: best fuel economy of any car i have had 30 city 40 highway is ratings i never got below 38mpg even with 60-70% city driving decent interior very plain styling interior and exterior wise but gets job done with dependability had over 270k miles when my neighbor bought it from me it gave me 1.5 years of trouble free service best $1500 i ever spent oil changes wheel alignment and some chassis lube is all work i had to do in time i owned it 2 years later my neighbor has over 300k miles on it now still runs strong even tows his mowing equipment around town
Cons: no power cant climb a hill without being floored some might not like plain styling to me its great easy to work on and less to break engine is bullet proof reliable and easy to fix if not when it breaks down
Overall review: best $1500 i spent works like a mule just keeps going has no power but gets you there and cheaply
1996 Nissan Sentra GXE "Great Xtra Expenses" by Matt in the back roads on 07/09/2008. Trim: 1996 Nissan Sentra GXE, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: This is a step upto my 1992 Nissan Sentra XE (read about also) with a little more styling and more room. This car is taller yet rounder (not sure if that is good thing or not) but does have better power in the performace category compared to the '92 XE. Wanted to stick with nissan for another car to see if it was worth it and it was. Nissan put thought into this car.
Cons: The roundness to it. At that time kinda felt like I was driving in a bubble. That aside, the trunk seemed like it had shrunk from the '92. Had problems with the transmission in "P" (park), liked to roll a little bit. Also didn't want to start unless you moved the shifter from "P" to "D" then to "P" again. Could just be the selector and not the tranny. Had problems with the right tailight always burning out.
Overall review: It was a step forward to a new idea with a few drawbacks from the redesign. It was a good car, just need more attention to detail on electrical issues.