1996 Nissan Maxima

Fantastic car by Love my Maxima in the Midwest on 09/06/2011. Trim: 1996 Nissan Maxima GLE, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: I purchased my Maxima new in 1996. I love it and have driven it non-stop. It is comfortable for long trips and has plenty of power on the road. I average 30mpg highway. I now have 310,000 miles on it and still driving it. I have always done required maintenance per owners manual and have used synthetic oil since about 75K miles. I think regular oil changes are the secret to keeping my car running smooth. I am now thinking about purchasing a new vehicle. I think I have gotten more than my money's worth out of my Maxima. I would love to have another one just like my '96.
Cons: It uses premium gas, which in my area is 20-24 cents higher per gallon than regular.
Overall review: Great car. great features.
Fabulous car by Diane Greenville SC on 11/12/2009. Trim: 1996 Nissan Maxima GXE, Owned 10 years.
Pros: I have had this car for over 10 years and just recently hit the 200K mark and it still runs quite well. I am noticing more hesitancy in the engine when it's cold, but overall I think it is a very reliable car. I have tried to maintain it, oil changes and repairs as needed. I hope it lives well for another 100K, that's my goal.
Cons: Nothing I can think of. It's been a great car for me. I'm the one with the car that runs well and takes long trips with the family.
Overall review: Good car.
Maxima GXE by Smallz Omaha on 10/07/2009. Trim: 1996 Nissan Maxima GXE, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Its a really fast vehicle with a 5 speed, cold air, and full exhaust. Hardly ever loose races. Outstanding handling around tight turns, with added stillen front strut tower bar.
Cons: Mine tends to get fixed and have one more little thing go wrong... 134,000 miles though...
Overall review: I love the car and if I choose to keep it as a "race car" for a long time, id consider rebuilding or putting a new engine in it being It has been a phonominal sp? car. Also had a 92 GXE. Still used as a spare with 156,000 miles and still running hard.
A MECHANICS' DREAM CAR by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/12/2009. Trim: 1996 Nissan Maxima GLE, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: I have owned this car since 1996 when I bought it new. I have almost 130,000 miles on this car, and I still love it, as much as the day I bought it. Minor maintenance. I love Nissan and especially my Maxima!
Cons: I do not dislike anything about my car.
Overall review: OVERALL REVIEW! 10
Reliable! by bahanmana on 04/18/2009. Trim: 1996 Nissan Maxima GLE, Owned 7 years.
Pros: 200K+ miles and still going strong. My job requires a lot of long-distance driving, often on remote roads in all sorts of weather conditions. I still trust this car implicitly, and have no worries about driving by myself on some of the most isolated, strenuous roads in AZ, NV, and UT. My mechanic told me at 200K that I could easily expect another 100K miles out of this vehicle. Love it!
Cons: No real cup holders.
Overall review: Maintain this car and it will run forever.