1996 Nissan Pickup

1996 Nissan Pickup Prices
1996 Nissan Pickup Fuel Economy
Just doesnt break by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/11/2004. Trim: 1996 Nissan Pickup XE King Cab 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Everything
Overall review: Cant beat the dependability of the nissan trucks. They just never seem to quit. My last nissan i had, had 542k miles on the original engine with out a rebuild.
Best Truck For Your Money And The Long Run. by Dale from Columbus, OH on 08/14/2001. Trim: 1996 Nissan Pickup XE King Cab 2WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: This truck handles like a dream. It stays level through corners and when braking hard. I'm already at 108,000 miles in five years of driving and all I've done is fluid and filter changes and one set of tires. This truck will run for another 100,000 to 200,000 miles. If you want to stretch your dollars, the Nissan truck will more than earn it's keep.
Cons: Nissan stereo's could be a lot better in some of their vehicles. The standard stereo in this truck is only 7 1/2 watts per channel. If they had only put something with 25 watts or more in, it would have at least been acceptable.
Overall review: Good dependable, reliable, tough, long running, low maintence. If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, check them out. I drive a four cylinder because I didn't need the extra horsepower and to save on gas. This engines timing chain is a good idea too as I don't have to change it like a timing belt. It's taken me through drifts in winter without a load in the bed. It's hauled my riding mower, logs and anything else I've needed to haul with no trouble.Many people would want the six for power, and that's fine. If you need it, the six is just as dependable and has the same features and more. For the money, Nissan will give you more features than Toyota, Mazda and Isuzu and others and at a better price. If you want to keep this truck for well over 100,000 miles, I'd stand it up against any domestic in the market.
Review ID: #196995 Is this review offensive?
Love My Lil Truck by Leisa from Oklahoma on 05/29/2001. Trim: 1996 Nissan Pickup Reg. Cab 2WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: When I bought this truck I compared it to every small truck on the market.... Ford Ranger, Chevy S-10, Mitsubishi MightyMax, Isuzu Hombre, etc. This was the best buy and it has proven to be a very smart investment!!
Cons: No power steering... but I knew that when I bought it.
Overall review: I've had this truck for 5 years, I have not had to do ANYTHING to this truck... I do change the oil every 3K but other than that, NOTHING!!! I just bought a new Honda CR-V and I kept this truck also... why would I get rid of it??? It's in perfect condition!
Al Al Al Al by Al Dedman on 12/02/2013. Trim: 1996 Nissan Pickup XE King Cab 4WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Very dependable
Overall review: This is my second Nissan Pickup, what can I say, i purchased it used with 33,000 miles in 1998. It is still my daily driver. That should be more than enough to give an overall impression.
Just Won't Quit by Cajun on 03/24/2011. Trim: 1996 Nissan Pickup XE Reg. Cab 4WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Takes a licking and keeps on ticking. Been through Louisiana mud, Donner Pass blizzard with chains, I-5 Siskiyou Summit ice, Nevada pogonip, sure-footed with no handling or safety problems. No major repairs, ever, just by-the-book scheduled maintenance. Replaced stereo. Have not towed but have hauled beaucoups loads of rock, topsoil, and other bulk landscaping materials. 153,000 miles in 15 years and just getting "broke in good." Cost of ownership has been less $750/year or $2/day. Operating costs are low as well since it was a cash purchase so no comprehensive insurance, only liability, and maintenance costs are minimal.
Cons: The usual for the 4X4 version of this particular truck. Mileage could be better. Power could be better. Gas cap cover won't stay closed, but the gas tank doesn't hold enough to worry about somebody siphoning off your gas. Headliner sagging. Headlights are dim after 15 years; have to spend $20 on new bulbs. Bed is starting to show a few little exterior rust spots at welds after 15 years, but otherwise cleans up real pretty with only occasional Turtle wash/wax. Not luxurious by any means but that's not what it was bought for.
Overall review: Sure glad I didn't trade this beast in during the cash for clunkers program. Have not calculated lifetime costs per mile but has to be ultra low.