1995 Nissan Maxima

Best Investment I Ever Made by ERYP Chicago on 01/27/2013. Trim: 1995 Nissan Maxima, Owned 8 years.
Pros: This car has really only required regular maintenance work and has been very reliable. It also helps that my husband was a mechanic. This was only my my second car but I would buy it again.
Cons: As mentioned by others did have to replace an O2 sensor, cv boots, the clear coat of paint is starting to peel off on the front, the front window motor is very slow going up and I have noticed that it has some trouble starting in very cold temps but if I give it a little gas it always starts....but for 18 years old I'm not complaining.
Overall review: Bought this car when it was 10 years old for $3K from a friend while I was in college, best investment I ever made. I have put 120,00 miles on it since. I keep telling myself once it needs a major repair I will just get a new car....been saying this since 2008!! Maybe 2013 will be the year I get a new car but I think not. This car is cheap to insure and is still running great.
white trash maxima by josh murphy on 03/27/2012. Trim: 1995 Nissan Maxima GLE, Owned 1 year.
Pros: sloads of power but it has made me lose my licence twice, the interior is mint and the electricals are great.
Cons: i like to push cars to their max but the maxima does not hold up to well after time, it is not as tough as a silvia or a twin-cam
Overall review: by one if you like to go fast for cheap
Texas '95 Maxima lover by 1whatever on 05/06/2010. Trim: 1995 Nissan Maxima GLE, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: It's all about how you take care of your vehicle. 280,000 miles, original alternator, A/C compressor, exhaust system (all the way back to the end of the tailpipe). Acceleration is still unbelievable. Brakes seem to last forever (changed twice), on its second water pump (and I'm not real sure that the first was bad), original injectors, original tranny (oil & filter changes every 100,000), engine oil & filter changes every 3k to 4k with conventional oil and a shot of Slick 50 every now and then. Cloth seats, material still good as new. Anybody know where I can buy a new one, 'cause I'd buy it again.
Cons: Did have to replace the drivers seat bottom half because the sheet metal broke through where it bolts to the seat frame. Same electric motors. EGR valves have to be changed and ports cleaned about every 75,000. Electric antenae only lasted 180,000 miles and gears stripped (if I could have seen it maybe a little added grease and it might still be working). Like the poster above, the lights on the climate control , electric windows, radio, etc. failed early (somewhere around 150,000), but by then I knew where all the buttons were.
Overall review: All I can say is that they don't make them like they used to. They last a whole lot longer and that's fine with me.
My Car Loves Me, Does yours Love you? by Robert Ferrentino, Chicago, IL on 06/24/2004. Trim: 1995 Nissan Maxima GXE, Owned 7 years.
Pros: 138K Great Ultra-Reliable Miles! Amazing quality, inside and out. All components work as new; fabrics are great, plastics top notch. Cup holder is perfect, totally unbreakable, in the right spot. Big gas tank, (550+ Miles) 28+ MPG with AC on, and not all highway. Fast, pretty quiet. Great seats on long trips, front and rear. Smart power locks, and lighting (glovebox too) Stock battery never replaced. Starts every morning, no fuss. Loaded in every trim level. Inside is a perfect design, it really is.
Cons: The Starter went (80K) this is a known problem, everyone seems to have it. CV Joints went (120K) this is a maintenance part, rubber gets dry. o2 & coolant sensors seem to be an issue for others, I just ignored the check engine light, and it went off. Seems fine. The car is not smooth like a Camry, then again, it’s a Maxima ;) it’s a rough, but controlled ride. It’s fine on the highway. Could use a passthrough to trunk or folding seats on GXE.
Overall review: Read lots of these reviews, and you will see, we all have the same shortcomings -starter, and yet we all have 200K+ (reliable) miles. That says something, doesn’t it? You can also bet that the engine is better than what is found in Accord (Honda has to work on at least 2 Engines for the Accord, and splits their efforts; Nissan uses just 1, and puts everything into it. Older Maximas are cheaper to buy than comparable Camry\Accord, yet they are more $ new = your getting a deal. I change oil ever 10K, runs great. I will buy an 04 Prius to replace max in a few years, or when I reach 200K+ miles. I just wish it was a smoother riding car. Engine sure is smooth. Can’t go wrong, get it, you’ll love it.
Best Car ever by Ted on 05/15/2012. Trim: 1995 Nissan Maxima GLE, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: 350000 miles and still going. Paint still looks new. good gas mileage all the hp you would ever need in a family car.
Cons: let me see.... let me seeeeee. Had to put and alternator on it only lasted till 344.000 miles :>)
Overall review: Best used car you can buy