1994 Nissan Maxima

1994 Nissan Maxima pictures are not available
1994 Nissan Maxima Prices
1994 Nissan Maxima Fuel Economy
Reliability and high-class performance by Vagabond Cubicle Dweller on 04/09/2008. Trim: 1994 Nissan Maxima GXE (auto), Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Side white lights to illuminate corners when turning. Excellent engine, transmission, etc.; cheap parts. Alloy wheels, cruise control, heated mirrors, alarm, auto locks and windows are standard. Roomy interior and trunk. Can use outside keypad to get in, open trunk and roll down windows. Handles superbly; for a large sedan, easy to park in tight spots. the 160HP V6 engine gets you about 28mpg!
Cons: Three window mechanisms broke; cost to fix around $70 each. Moisture gets inside distributor easily. Things start to go bad in extreme cold weather, such as parking brakes and temp gauge. Had brakes and power steering problems.
Overall review: Bought it in 1995 at 28k miles, and parted with it at 177K after about 14 years. I would have liked to have kept it, but the cost to transport it across country was an issue.
The Best Ever Nissan by Phyl on 02/04/2008. Trim: 1994 Nissan Maxima SE, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: I have owned this car since I purchased it new in 1994. I love it. It is a smooth ride, handles really good and it is roomy, seating five people without being crowded. I only have 81,084 miles on it and what I hear it is good for over 125,000 miles
Cons: I don't care for the seat belt that goes from your shoulder across to the hook down by the gear shift. It goes across you when you start the motor, causing problems for the one in the front seat and isn't ready for the strap that comes across your chest when you weren't expecting it.
Overall review: I love the lines of the car and the long hood that really gives it class.
One Outstanding Ride by DaveStone on 02/04/2007. Trim: 1994 Nissan Maxima GXE (auto), Owned 6 years.
Pros: Theo bose sound system is a real bonus to those who really enjoy music.
Cons: I wish the back seat would lay down to enable you to enlarge the trunk area if needed.
Overall review: I love my car. It has been very dependable. If you take care of them these cars can easily go 200,000 mile plus.
Cons outway the pros. by j2p on 03/23/2006. Trim: 1994 Nissan Maxima GXE (auto), Owned 2 years.
Pros: The Maxima's styling inside and out is very, very nice. Looks like an expensive car for the time. The vehicle gets great acceleration and the handling is very impressive. The engine overall is very sound and I have never had any problems with it. Sounds great with a custom intake. The seats are outstanding, very, very comfortable. The only complaint I have with the interior is the lack of cupholders. The heated mirrors are a very nice feature. Trunk space is outstanding.
Cons: Now for the cons. The window regulators for the Maxima are very, very problematic. One was replaced before I purchased the vehicle, but the other three windows also broke. Factory (not Bose) speakers seem very, very cheap compared to my previous 95 Accord. I needed to replace them because they were rotted out and I was not getting any sound from them. The stereo, though it worked, was very, very hard to remove from the dash as it was stuck in it's mount. The keyless entry on the drivers side did not last long after the car's purchase. The wheels seemed to chip and scratch very, very easily.
Overall review: Cons continued - The major problem came from the car's doorlocks. It started with the rear driverside door sometimes remaining locked or not unlocking at all. Then, recently the driveside front door also failed. When it was tried to be closed, it would bounce back open. I had to hold it shut and hit the door locks to get it to latch. Was able to pull it shut completely, but now the door will not open. Not sure how to solve this problem because the door needs to be open to work on it. In conclusion, I really like the way the car drives. Nev er had any problems with the engine. Love the comfort of the vehicle. Sadly, the electrical problems outway the pros, making the car a major disappointment. I was hoping to get hold of a 300Z in the future, but with the problems with this car, I will NEVER own another oldschool Nissan.
1994 Maxima by LOVELY 1 on 03/21/2005. Trim: 1994 Nissan Maxima GXE (auto), Owned 2 years.
Pros: It's a nice car.
Cons: Seatbelt is annoying, comes around you when door opens. Bought this car used in 12/2003. I would buy used again but something 1995 or older.
Overall review: If you buy used (125,000 miles or more) and you have option of extended warranty, get it and cover the power windows. I don't put my passenger window down or driver's side; it may not go back up.