1993 Nissan Maxima

1993 Nissan Maxima pictures are not available
1993 Nissan Maxima Prices
1993 Nissan Maxima Fuel Economy
One Tough Car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/09/2014. Trim: 1993 Nissan Maxima GXE (auto), Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Bought my Maxima GXE used in 1994 with 25,000 miles on it. We're at over 212,000 miles now with very few repairs, especially considering that I live in rural Montana on a terrible dirt road which is best suited for Hummers, not luxury sedans. Still get 28-30 MPG & the old girl plows through the snow like a champ. I faithfully take the car in to a local mechanic for 3000 mile service work & the big ones every 30,000 miles. Other than 2 fuel injectors & a water pump, that's about it for all of these years. Love the big windows. I'm petite (5'2") & the new cars make me feel like I'm trying to peek over the edge of a box. If she ever dies, I'll just ride my horse.
Cons: No cup holder.
Overall review: Hands down, this is the best car I have ever owned.
Great Japanese car by New Yorker on 08/21/2010. Trim: 1993 Nissan Maxima GXE (auto), Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Bought it new, 17 years ago. Performs better than any of my many previous American cars. Ecxellent handling, good pickup. Few repairs for a 17 yr old car, with 110,000 miles (I replaced the fuel injectors at about 90,000 miles). With normal maintenance, it should last 200,000 miles - this is mostly in city driving.
Cons: The driver side leather seat had to be recovered.
Overall review: A strong endorsement for Japanese cars. I hope the Americans are catching up.
The 90s junk by Diessle not hybrid. on 10/09/2009. Trim: 1993 Nissan Maxima SE, Owned 2 years.
Pros: free junk, this car would qualify for Cash for Clunker if the program ever comes back, it would make it a great practice target if you have a gun
Cons: Everything, this car was lead to Constant repair, $5000 on its repaire from Engine work, doorlach, CV Joint, vacuum hoses, and head light, whats next the A/C is dead the two power windows in back are dead, the hose ont he radiator needs to be change, but I wasn't going to do it, lucky I've gotten $800 for my trade in when I bought me a new Toyota, if it had engine problem again, I would have dissmentle it into pieces and threw it in the dumpster
Overall review: Do not buy any thing in the 90s buy the 2000 Models or Newer Load the 90s models on the airplane, fly higher, push it off the plane and let it smash to the ground
great ghetto ride!! by dudes from virginia on 01/13/2009. Trim: 1993 Nissan Maxima GXE (auto), Owned 5 years.
Pros: nice engine, great ride quality, good performance, nice styling for a 1993. i enjoyed driving this car. i bought it with 160k and sold it with 210k. i think the tranny wont last much longer the way i drive.
Cons: many things break on this car, except the engine. sometimes all the power this and that is not worth it, its always the first thing to break.
Overall review: i dont know who would buy a 1993 maxima in 2009, but i guess it would be a good car for a mexican...and ive seen a lot of black guys with shiny rims on these cars. perfect ghetto car at this point!!
Decent car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/21/2007. Trim: 1993 Nissan Maxima GXE (auto), Owned 2 years.
Pros: Decent car, gets me to where I need to go. Styling is outdated for it's time, but you still see alot of these on the road. I will try and drive it as long as it lasts.
Cons: Gas mileage isn't great. Transmission went out at aounf the 90-100K mileage range. Bought a rebuilt one after I heard of how this car was notorious for transmission problems. If it happens to you I would recommend to throw down the extra money for a rebuilt transmission as well and not a used one from a junk yard, chances are that one will go out as well and the rebulit one will have a warranty. My car is starting to miss lately at around 100k and from what I've been reading it sounds like the fuel injectors, but shouldn''t be more than a few hundred to fix.
Overall review: If you need a driveable car that would be an esay buy and cheap insurance, this is a great car to have. Won't hurt your wallet too much, but when something goes wrong be prepared to throw down the money to fix it.