1992 Nissan Pathfinder

1992 Nissan Pathfinder pictures are not available
1992 Nissan Pathfinder Prices
1992 Nissan Pathfinder Fuel Economy
Terrific value by DB in Hot Springs on 03/19/2009. Trim: 1992 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: The maunual transmission needed bearings at 90K miles, so I thought I had made a bad choice. Since then, twelve years ownership, I really appreciate the solid reliability. I have spent very, very little on repairs over-all and it runs great. Bullet-proof engine. Drove across the country last summer without thinking twice. The AC still works fine, the upholstery is in great shape. I can get 23-25 MPG highway if I'm careful. Easily carries 1000 pounds cargo. I've had no rust problems. Ride is firm, cornering and handling surprisingly stable. Rear seating is roomy. Power windows and door locks still work well. Hardly any squeaks or rattles. Good off-road.
Cons: There are times when I wish it had more power, but not often, I prefer better fuel economy (if I watch how I drive) over a big engine. The cruise control is not great, but on level ground is better than nothing. I wish it had a retractable sunroof, like the Toyota, instead of the removable panel, but at least the panel is less likely to fail at this age. I will probably have to repair the exhaust manifolds in a year or two - a common problem for this model.
Overall review: I love it! 17 years old, 170K miles, still looks and runs great. Quality materials, intelligent design. Rugged and well-built.
One tough bunny!!! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/15/2008. Trim: 1992 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Its like the energiszer bunny.....250,000 plus miles....Very very reliable 4x4 in very foul weather.I've always kept up the maintenance.People still ask me ....Do you want to sell it?...NEVER!!!... Its now semi-retired.I keep it because "I just like it"
Cons: At the mileage age of this SUV it has small things wear out...plastic parts mostly.Radio is getting a bit funky...But as my mechcanic always said...Its a bullet proof engine.
Overall review: Its like a member of the family.Kids have got their licenses with it(5 speed manual) although it never got great reviews....Its a survivor
ultimate driving suv by phil on 06/11/2007. Trim: 1992 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: I like the way it looks it very sharp looking car when polished up.
Cons: there are some blind spots . but not bad
Overall review: its a great car
One of the best SUV's out there by Big Jim Swade on 06/03/2005. Trim: 1992 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Bullet proof design, a great off road vehicle.
Cons: I wish I found one with leather seats
Overall review: A great vehicle. Look for one with leather seats, rear disk brakes, manual transmission, sports package/with locking rear differintial and make sure it has the 4.67/1 rear end ratio. The 4.37/1 final drive just seems underpowered.
The Perfect Pathfinder by Moondog from Texas on 09/23/2002. Trim: 1992 Nissan Pathfinder XE 2WD, Owned 10 years.
Pros: This by far has been the best vehicle I have ever had. It is reliable and I have had very few problems.Any of the problems have been minor and I've had only because of high mileage and wear and tear.It is roomy,drives well and is very dependable!
Cons: The spare tire rack on the back rusted very early!
Overall review: Excellent,dependable,reliable vehicle! I don't mind that it is 10 years old..I will drive it until it dies and then I will purchase another Nissan!