1989 Nissan Sentra

1989 Nissan Sentra pictures are not available
1989 Nissan Sentra Prices
1989 Nissan Sentra Fuel Economy
Great little Car. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/17/2006. Trim: 1989 Nissan Sentra Sedan, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: I bought this car new in 1989. I just passed 305,000 miles on it and it still starts and runs like the day I bought it. It still screeches tires comming of a red light. Parts are dirt cheap and it is easy to work on. Brake roters are $17.00, pads are $19.00, cv joints are $49, lifetime spark plug wires $14.00. I maintain the car myself.
Cons: It's no Mercades
Overall review: Great litte car, Impossible to kill it.
89 Sentras are reliable by JHB from Bellingham, WA on 05/22/2004. Trim: 1989 Nissan Sentra Sedan, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Extremely reliable. Good quality. 30mpg averaged year round. I like the fact that the engine has a timing chain; not a timing belt.
Cons: Watch the spark plug cables. If they arc to the engine block, replace them. Also, front disk brake pads tend to wear out kinda fast. Thermostat was a bit temperamental.
Overall review: Excellent car. I'll keep it till it dies, then I'll get another one. I drove across the US four times with it. Once with my dog.
Nissian by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/12/2004. Trim: 1989 Nissan Sentra XE, Owned more than 10 years.
Overall review: great car 281,123 miles
best car i have owned by steve from Anchorage Alaska on 06/28/2002. Trim: 1989 Nissan Sentra Sedan, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: i bought this car from Avis with 25,000 miles already on the odometer and we have put another 140,000+ on the car. it has never let us down. the engine has never been apart, it still runs great. has been in several accidents but it keeps going. cannot say enough good things about this car. was driven from Ohio to Alaska without a glitch and has survived Alaska winters for over 10 years. THAT is saying something.
Cons: no cons. this Sentra has no faults in my opinion.
Overall review: you never really know how good a car is until you live with it for awhile. this is the best car i have ever owned, without a doubt. if i lived in the lower 48 and was in the market for a new smaller car, i would buy a Sentra without question.
She just won't die! by Matthew from Maumelle, AR on 01/24/2002. Trim: 1989 Nissan Sentra Sedan, Owned 8 years.
Pros: It just won't die!
Cons: It just won't die! My wife won't let me get a new one until it does!
Overall review: She has over 233,000 miles and still starts right up in the morning; no complaints! The only things I've had to do was replace some engine seals at about 200,000 miles to stop a small oil leak. I currently need to have the clutch rebuilt, but I figure she'll be good for at least another 150,000 after that! She's not the fastest car in the world, but is pretty peppy. She's outlasted two brand new Chrysler products; which I'll never buy again.