1998 Mitsubishi Montero Sport

Very good second car by Rafa on 10/26/2009. Trim: 1998 Mitsubishi Montero Sport ES 2WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great size, confort, handling considering it size and weight. It's my second car and with addecuate maintenance dont bother at all. Gas performance? On the city 270miles per 63 liters, on highway 310 or 320, always with A/C
Cons: Spare part kind of expensive, but you will change them just a couple of times, tires? may be, but is not a sedan
Overall review: If you can maintain it, buy it, but only if you will take care of it.
Just what I needed by TallDarkHandsomeDevil on 02/11/2010. Trim: 1998 Mitsubishi Montero Sport LS 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I paid $3000 for a used vehicle and have put 20000 miles on it since. It has been reliable, and does the job exceedingly well. Excellent off-road vehicle and is smooth on the highway. Very tough. I like the 2-toned paint and themuscular, tough looks. I use it as a second car and it is very good in the snow and in off-road situations with excellent ground clearance. I get 19mpg. Not bad at all. It has everything you need and nothing you don't. So far it has been extremely reliable.
Cons: Yes, it is sluggish, and the braking is a bit slow. Further, on very hot days, the Ac doesn't cool adequately.
Overall review: Overall very satisfied. It does the job of being a snow/off-road/dog/bike car perfectly and is bullet-proof in reliability. After you get used to its characteristics, its really a fine car.
Good mid-size SUV by Orlando from North Carolina on 09/10/2008. Trim: 1998 Mitsubishi Montero Sport ES 2WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Looks are nice, good lines compare to other mid-size SUVs, dependability has been good, recently replaced the alternator, but I really have not had any major problems considering I have 185k miles. I have been off road several times even though it's a 2WD and as long as I don't have to climb rocks it's held it's end to my friends Trooper 4X4, very impressive.
Cons: Burns about 1 quart per week, I guess those 185k miles are taking their toll. Interior is kind of cheap. Ohh yes, the darn cup holders, what are poor design that was.
Overall review: Not bad at all for the money I paid $2500 for mine with A/C. Would recommend as an 8 out of 10 for someone to buy.
Get a good one! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/06/2006. Trim: 1998 Mitsubishi Montero Sport LS 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Good looks. Shifts very smooth. Has 4-low even though I dont have a use for it being that my SUV has never even been off road. Infinity sound is great. 4WD works great even though I use it about 3x's a year. Plenty of driver leg room.
Cons: Cup holders. Bumper ride than my 99 Ford F150. My 1998 Accord 4 cyl would waste it in a race. Brakes are not responsive at all. Mileage stinks for being a little 3.0L. I wish the back window opened seperately from the rear hatch.
Overall review: I like the vehicle some reason even though i dont know why.
Not a bad value for your $ by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/01/2005. Trim: 1998 Mitsubishi Montero Sport ES 2WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Trouble free vehichle. I have over 110K miles and never gave me any trouble. Still looks nice. Good gas mileage for size.
Cons: Cupholder broke. Cheap interior.
Overall review: I have owned this vehicle for over 3 yrs, and I am pleased with the reliablity. Never had any major issue at all.