1998 Mitsubishi Montero

1998 Mitsubishi Montero Prices
1998 Mitsubishi Montero Fuel Economy
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next
"Rugged as a military vehicle" by J.F. from Ft. Lauderdale Florida. on 03/16/2013. Trim: 1998 Mitsubishi Montero 4WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Mitsubishi in 1998 went over & above with appearance & accessories. My 1998 Montero is like as rugged as a military truck. I only have 27,000 miles. This year will be the 15th year I own my Montero. I have to say... I will never sell or trade-in. They just do-not make sport utility trucks these days like they did in 1998!
Cons: Turning radius not so great but don't forget that It weighs close to 5000 pounds & some body roll if you hammer your turns. I had a small oil leak, turned out to be a $125.00 fix at the mitsubishi dealership.
Overall review: Overall the 1998 Montero is the best trouble-free vehicle I have ever owned.....
My Automotive Love of My Life by UpNorthernMN on 02/24/2012. Trim: 1998 Mitsubishi Montero 4WD, Owned 8 years.
Pros: Comfortable, I think the power on mine is perfectly fine. I can get up to 70 when I need to in no time. I can romp on it and have it respond very well, even with 198,000 miles. My sound system is great. Dependable transmission and engine. 4x4 is a breeze to get in and out of, I live in North MN. My leather seats are still in tact, amazing. Heated seats, maneuverable, even though turning radius is lightly limited, you just plan for it. Towing is an option easy with a strong engine and tranny.
Cons: Fuel economy is just ok, burns oil, and yes, breaks and Mitsubishi, what's the deal? My 1995 had brake trouble but hubby fixed that one & it was fine. This one has a fine break fluid leak for now but I just watch my fluid level. DIY friendly. This one has some electrical short some where, it was in an accident before I bought it, so yearly I either put a battery, alternator or starter in BUT it beats replacing a tranny like a past 'van I've disowned'.
Overall review: I trueIy love the Monteros, for my family they have been very dependable. I owned a 1995 Montero before this one. I will buy another in the next 1 1/2 years. Mine has 198,000 + miles on it presently. Going strong. I've nailed 5 deer with this thing over the years, w/o a rack on the front, just replaced headlamps 2 times. It's maneuverable for those silly deer running across the road. Its a solid and safe feeling vehicle. That's my sacrifice in fuel economy and it's cheaper than an Acura MDX or Toyota. I need the 7 passenger seating for versatility.
great suv by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/19/2005. Trim: 1998 Mitsubishi Montero 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: great styling and durability. rugged enough for off-road use, luxery enough for night out in the city.
Cons: not many aftermarket parts available.
Overall review: my second montero, i love both and still have both.
Nice SUV if you have to have one. by Vic on 06/13/2005. Trim: 1998 Mitsubishi Montero 4WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: It's pretty rugged, with several choices of drive. The unlocked "full-time" 4WD was really helpful when driving in the snow. Seven seats, really great. Has been a great car. I had always wanted one. It gets about 21 mpg on the highway, rides pretty well. Outstanding view around. Love in-dash compass.
Cons: I've noticed some rust on the frame. We ran the truck in RI for about three years, it seems like the salt maybe got it going. Live in FL now, thinking about some kind of rust preventer. CD changer conked out two years ago, very expensive to fix, cheaper to just replace. Power antenna too, same deal, replaced with stub. Last year, right front disc pads fell off, literally. Luckily, I was in a parking lot. Took about $500 to repair, but no other problems since. Seems to need a lot of alignments, even though it's been pretty lightly used (62,000) original miles
Overall review: We got this as an alternative to a mini-van, and it's worked out pretty well, all things considered. The brake failure was bad, but we've had a lot of great times in this SUV.
My Baby Troy by Annandale, Virginia on 09/17/2004. Trim: 1998 Mitsubishi Montero 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I got mine used with 80000+ miles... drives hard and strong with reasonable gas mileage. I love all the instruments and gadgets that I found in the car. The leather seats and the BIG sunroof was fantastic. I fell in love with the curves and the exterior styling of the car.
Cons: The cup holder was in the wrong place. I broke the one on the driver side when i reached for the hand brake.
Overall review: I have no regrets buying a used Montero... Its worth every penny I paid for it. Will surely buy another Montero.
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next