1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Prices
1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Fuel Economy
the most reliable and economical car I have ever owned. by Rony - Detroit on 09/27/2010. Trim: 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS Spyder, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Bought this car 7 years ago for my then teen daughter (for $5,700) - drove it all that time with no major repairs (replaced roof). Sold it last month for $3,850. I will allways rember this car as the most reliable and economical car I have ever owned.
Cons: Problem with convertible top - and the back seat was too small for practical use.
Overall review: Excellent car
KICK BOOTY by H-TOWN on 05/09/2003. Trim: 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T, Owned 3 years.
Pros: TURBO KICKS BOOTY. TAKES ALMOST ALL CARS OFF THE START. HASN'T GIVEN ME ANY PROBLEMS AND IT'S PUSHING 100K MILES. ONLY THING I HAVE REPLACED IS THE TIRES AND TIMING BELT. THOSE DRIVERS THAT SAY THESE CARS ARE PIECES OF CRAP MUST OBVIOUSLY NOT KNOW HOW TO TAKE PROPER CARE OF THEIR CARS. MY CAR NEVER BEEN IN THE SHOP FOR ANY TYPE OF MECHANICAL PROBLEMS. PEOPLE ALWAYS COMPLIMENT MY CAR ON HOW GOOD LOOKING IT IS. WHAT CAN I SAY? IT IS A BEAUTY.
Cons: BACK SEAT NEEDS SOME LIGHTS. WHEN I TRY TO FIND SOMETHING BACK THERE AT NIGHT I NEED A FLASHLIGHT. BOTTOM OF CAR EASILY SCRATCHES WHEN GOING UP A SLIGHT HILL OR COMING OUT OF THE DRIVEWAY. GOTTA BE CAREFUL NOT TO SCRATCH THE HELL OUT OF IT.
Overall review: I'D RECOMMEND IT FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS A CAR WITH GOOD ACCELERATION. ALSO FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT A CAR THAT WON'T BREAK DOWN ON YOU LIKE A FORD MUSTANG, HYNDAI TIBURON OR ANY OTHER AMERICAN OR KOREAN CAR OUT THERE.
My Eclipse, My BABY"!! by Brat, Orlando, FL on 02/06/2002. Trim: 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS, Owned 2 years.
Pros: The body style is awesome - a real eye catcher. It is comfortable to ride for long periods and can accomidate a lot of stuff in the trunk if need be. With the fold down seat feature you can pack a lot into this baby. It handles and hugs the road for excellent speed and manuverability. I love this car!!
Cons: The only con I can imagine is that the front spoiler is very low to the ground and scrapes a lot. Everything else is as they say"like butter baby" (smooth!!)
Overall review: This is a great automobile to own. I take pride in my car and am happy to admit my Eclipse is my baby!! THe speed that this 2.0 engine pushes out and the comfort of the road make this a car well worth the monthly payment! Buy one today, you won't regreat it!!
Looks great, but no quality by Ray- Dallas on 08/29/2003. Trim: 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS Spyder, Owned 4 years.
Pros: It looks great, but....
Cons: I bought this car used with 20,000 miles on it and have had for 4 years now. Replaced the trans- but still doesnt work correctly- inside door pannel fell appart and was replaced (power windows never did work right) antenna doesnt go down, power top stopped working at 60,000, engine always runs very hot, alarm would go off for no reason (turned it totally off now), interior top fabric "sags" had dealer correct, but prob happened again.
Overall review: I still love the way the car looks, but the quality is not there. Next car will be a BMW.
gsx by raceklown on 02/01/2003. Trim: 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: its quick
Cons: its small
Overall review: its good