1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT

1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT Prices
1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT Fuel Economy
One of the Top Rarest Imports of the 90's by MiszUNperfect from Arkansas on 04/18/2010. Trim: 1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT Base, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This has been one of my ultimate must have dream cars and I finally found it! I love everything about the car! Its one of the rarest imports next to the RX-7 and Supra. I get alot of looks and ive only seen about a couple others with this body style over a long year range of living where I do. I love how Mitsubishi went all out in designing this ultra stylish car! Would'nt trade it for anything! This truley is the "Supra of Mitsubishi". Even if you have the Base the car still has alot of 'oomph' compared to alot of other imported or american basic cars. Its true that the base comes with limited features and only 160hp but trust me, automatic or manual, you'll feel the power of the v6.
Cons: Id say the only couple things are that sometimes, unexpectantly, im hauling 3 to 4 friends and its amusing to see them having to squish in the backseat but not amusing when I have to slide my seat closer to the dash, I get very little steering room. So, this car isnt for the claustraphobic. Another thing is its rarity and lack of much production. Sure having a rare car is amazing, but the downside is that if something goes wrong with it the parts are nearly IMPOSSIBLE to find and EXPENSIVE. The main thing is, this isnt a car to 'rad out', race, or add a bunch of aftermarket parts to unless YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING! Even so, you might just be paying more to keep it running.
Overall review: This is a car for the passionate import lovers who take pride and care into their belongings and who will keep up with it at least weekly taking time to check everything and make sure all is well. For me, its not a daily driver to run the milage up on seeing as they are hard to find, expensive to own, and maybe even be a one in a lifetime chance to own. The car is also wonderful on gas even with its v6. I have previously owned a 2004 mustang base model (also with a v6) and it was terrible on gas. This has been my second Mitsubishi out of four cars and both my gt and 1999 eclipse were the best ive ever owned.
98 3KGT SL by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/28/2006. Trim: 1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Great car and fun to drive. Very comfortable for driver but not for the passenger. Amazingly the car holds quite a bit of cargo if the seats are dropped down. Other cars may beat it off the line, but the thing keeps going and doesnt slow down past 120mph....got too scared to go faster.
Cons: Clutch went a bit early (49K) but I have only had the car since 37K so I do not know if the previous owner did a lot of city driving.
Overall review: I've always loved it. Great car.
Corvette has nothing on this car! by Lecamay from Ohio on 02/28/2005. Trim: 1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL, Owned 2 years.
Pros: This vehicle has such unique style that heads turn and everyone wants to know what kind of car it is and they think it is new. It handles beautifully and turns on a dime. I haven't had any trouble at all. If you love sporty luxery you should buy this car. It was ahead of its time.
Cons: There is absolutely nothing I dislike about it. They made a big mistake when they quit manufacturing this car.
Overall review: I feel spoiled rotton!!
The best car out there by CausingChaos in NJ on 10/13/2004. Trim: 1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I only bought the car a few months ago, but I'm absoloutely in love with it. Between all the options for customizing and increased performance, this car is amazing. Even if you only bought the base model it's simple to spend a little extra time and money to get the optimum level of performance out of a car like this.
Cons: I've had a few engine problems, mostly with the timing belt. Other than that it runs like a dream.
Overall review: It's practically perfect. I wish I had know that 3000GT's were this great a few years ago because I would have bought one sooner.
Review ID: #452032 Is this review offensive?
1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL by Alex from Omaha, NE on 10/11/2004. Trim: 1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This car is tons of fun and looks phenomenal. Interior is very comfortable however don't plan on regularly having passengers in the back.
Cons: This car is really not as fast as it looks. If you want speed buy the VR4 model. Also this car is notorious for its lifters ticking. This problem is $1400 just for labor to fix.
Overall review: Definitely worth a test drive.