1997 Mitsubishi Diamante

1997 Mitsubishi Diamante Prices
1997 Mitsubishi Diamante Fuel Economy
Nice car for the dollars by Tampa on 07/24/2012. Trim: 1997 Mitsubishi Diamante ES, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: I have one since 1999 awsome car mine is totaly rehabed inside and out new paint too
Cons: I added sloted rotars now brakes better
Overall review: great car
Resonable car but look closely by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/19/2006. Trim: 1997 Mitsubishi Diamante ES, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Styling is clean, size is great for my family of 4. 100K miles and all accessories working fine
Cons: External below door coming loose, transmission seems sluggish, I expected more power from engine (Our old Pontiac van had similar power with a 12 valve V6). Recent accident resulted from left rear bearing housing link arm breakage, this was an unsual failure.
Overall review: This has been a good car with minimal problems yet I would suggest making sure trans is OK.
The Big Easy by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/16/2005. Trim: 1997 Mitsubishi Diamante ES, Owned 7 years.
Pros: This car handled very well. The car is very comfortable and sporty.
Cons: The radio came in static don occasion.
Overall review: I highly recomend the the dimante
Nice, but... by Jess - Salt Lake City on 01/31/2005. Trim: 1997 Mitsubishi Diamante ES, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I have an ES but it's got all the upgrades the standard LS package comes with. The leather interior, climate control, sunroof, memory power seats, etc., are all pretty sweet. The engine provided great acceleration and speed. My car (with 90,000 miles) still gets about 24 mpg on the highway. Haven't had a single engine problem (in the 13 months I've had it).
Cons: I bought the car with 75,000 miles on it and replaced the transmission with about 77,000 miles on it. Like everyone else says, the brakes seem insufficient for the car and mine need to be replaced. I've now got a lot of small items that are beginning to fall apart (the trim on the exterior doors is starting to detach itself; the trunk is becoming more and more difficult to open with a key; my little coin holder lid in the center console won't stay down; middle seat belt in back seat is locked and won't work; and my rear-view mirror shakes). Don't know if those problems are previous owner neglect or just the car in general, but it's enough to make me put the car up for sale.
Overall review: Seems to be a fine car, but I think I got a bad apple. How about a Galant?
Good Buy by Value car guy on 11/18/2004. Trim: 1997 Mitsubishi Diamante LS, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Engine, reliability, passing is easy, I have over 120,000 miles on it and all I had to do recently was replace the original tires and timing belt.
Cons: better to buy it used than new because it does not keep value as good. But thats good for me because I bought it used. Gas mileage is just OK but its expected from a 3.5 engine.
Overall review: I would buy it again used.