1997 Mitsubishi Montero Sport

Average Car - Bad Company by UpsetMitsuOwner on 05/01/2001. Trim: 1997 Mitsubishi Montero Sport LS 2WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Good looking vehicle. Very comfortable. Rear storage compartments work well to hide custom stereo equipment.
Cons: Mitsubishi is a terribly ran company. They put out a decent vehicle but it isn't worth it. I have been fighting with them for over a year to get some issues resloved with my vehicle. Not to mention the front drink holders... try adjusting the radio with a Coke in the holder. It won't happen. Thats just an example. Also the car is WAY underpowered for how much it weighs. I couldn't even imagine how bad the performance is on the 4-cylinder.
Overall review: Again, average to below average vehicle. But Mitsubishi is certainly a company that I will NEVER do business with again. And everybody that asks me how I like my car gets the same story. Don't buy it.
MY OIL LEAKING MONTERO by WILSON HUNTSVILLE AL on 03/18/2001. Trim: 1997 Mitsubishi Montero Sport LS 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: BE AWARE WHEN YOU BUY USED MONTERO OF ANY OIL LEAKS/YOU NEED TO LOOK UNDER THE CAR TO MAKE SURE IS NOT LEAKING/I CHECK 3 USEDMONTEROS AT THE DEALER AND THEY WERE ALL LEAKING
Cons: I BOUGHT A 97 MONTERO AT THE MITSUBISHI DEALER IN HUNTSVILLE AND AFTER FEW WEEKS FO DRIVING IT AROUND TOWN I NOTICED A SMALL LEAK/I TOOK TO THE DEALER/THEY FOUND 3 LEAKS /REAR MAIN SEAL/OIL PAN/ REAR CAM SEAL/TOTAL $1066 TO FIX IT/I DROVE THIS CAR LESS THAN 2000 MILES /DEALER TOLD ME ALL THIS HAPPEN DURING THIS PERIOD OF TIME AND I RESPONSIBLE TO FIX IT/
Overall review: RIDES GOOD/ NICE LOOKING CAR/BE AWARE AROUND 60000 MILES THE CAR START LEAKING IN DIFFERENT PLACES I TALKED TO A FEW OWNERS AND THEY HAVE SIMILAR PROBLEMS
Love My Truck by TracyFromBama on 07/20/2005. Trim: 1997 Mitsubishi Montero Sport LS 2WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I have added a towing package to my Montero and it has moved me from Alabama to Massachusetts and back, I love my truck and it is a wonderful truck to own.
Cons: It is top heavy, I feel like I have to take fast turns with care.
Overall review: Not too big, great on gas very stylish and useful.
Worth every Penny. by SixMxiS from Hawai'i on 03/06/2005. Trim: 1997 Mitsubishi Montero Sport LS 4WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Stylish, reliable, and worth every penny. I have 140,000 miles and still going strong. I take care of it and it takes care of me. I bought it in '01 but it feels like new.
Cons: The 4x4 Low gear is not the best. I like the 4x4 gearing on the Tacomo trucks better. Front seat not made for tall people.
Overall review: This SUV has everything that I want in a car. Fully loaded, 4x4, standard, spare tire in the back, a '97 but people still think it's a new car.
AWFUL by NCKAYAKER on 09/12/2004. Trim: 1997 Mitsubishi Montero Sport LS 4WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Nice look for exterior
Cons: Cup holders a joke! Maintenance is a MONSTER! Brakes, engine, transmission,..................the list goes on.
Overall review: SAVE YOUR MONEY! Buy ANYTHING else.