1997 Mitsubishi Mirage

1997 Mitsubishi Mirage Prices
1997 Mitsubishi Mirage Fuel Economy
The Little Car that Could by Crissy, Central California on 10/07/2003. Trim: 1997 Mitsubishi Mirage DE coupe, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Great gas mileage, very reliable transportation.
Cons: Not to be picky, but I don't like the way the passenger seat, when lifted into the forward position, must be puched all the way back before it locks into place.
Overall review: Excellent car. 109,000 miles and so far so good. This car has been cross country three times, in four fender benders and literally pushed to its limits. I have never had a single problem with this car. I bought the cheapest one available and there is probably not a better car for the price. I mean, I could have wound up with a Metro! Can't say enough good things about it.
Awesome Mirage by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/19/2008. Trim: 1997 Mitsubishi Mirage DE sedan, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: I had it for ten years, now I have a 08 Galant. But I loved the audio system, the sporty look to it. It was fast, and could fly past newer cars! Too bad they stopped making them, otherwise, I would've bought another one. I traded it at 93, 000 miles. Because I needed a bigger car, otherwise, I would still be driving it. It never needed a tune up, only oil changes, and wear and tear replacements.
Cons: NOTHING, the fact that they are no longer made. They say Lancer replaced it, I don't know if it's true or not.
Overall review: Awesome little car. Mine was black, so I called it the Black Bullet.
Fun cheap car. by Blue in Deerfield, Illinois on 12/26/2002. Trim: 1997 Mitsubishi Mirage DE coupe, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Responsive engine, GREAT fuel economy (44mpg on highway with 1 person), sporty feel, pretty reliable.
Cons: Expensive to repair when it does break. A replacement ignition control module kit cost me $900 to replace! Noisy, both engine and road. Stiff gearstick. Seat padding a bit thin. No cigarette lighter/power outlet. Doesn't corner as I'd like but better shocks will fix that.
Overall review: Fun car. Cheap to operate and maintain. I wish it came as a convertible. :(
Humming along... by Dev from Nashville, TN. on 12/16/2009. Trim: 1997 Mitsubishi Mirage DE sedan, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Got this as a second hand car, to do basic running around. The engine is only a 1.5 liter, but hey it works. If it is taken care of, I expect this car to run for awhile. It has 105,000 and suits me perfectly.
Cons: The interior is a bit cheap. The seatbelts are definitely a problem as they get caught on the seat adjustors. Make sure you note all recalls, as I have to had the steering wheel pulley bolt re-torqued.
Overall review: Good little car to run around town in or a second car.
10 years (September 1996) by E.L. Davis (back again) on 02/16/2006. Trim: 1997 Mitsubishi Mirage DE sedan, Owned 10 years.
Pros: nearly 10 years and approximately 192,000 miles and still going!!
Cons: they stopped making them.
Overall review: buy Mitsubishi (made in Japan) you won't regret it. Some Mitsubishis are made in America, like the Galant. I can't vouch for those.