1996 Mitsubishi Montero

1996 Mitsubishi Montero Prices
1996 Mitsubishi Montero Fuel Economy
2 3 4 5 6  Next
The best by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/10/2013. Trim: 1996 Mitsubishi Montero LS, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I love the styling of the exterior as nowadays they dont make tanks like these which look tough and like an SUV. I love the quiet engine and the smooth powerful ride.
Cons: Too tall, have to let off the gas pedal while turning.
Overall review: Love this car man, it is quiet and smooth at over 200k miles, what else would one want in a car. It is a rare and a really nice suv. People who own it know that very well.
A great SUV. by Nglee on 04/25/2005. Trim: 1996 Mitsubishi Montero SR, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Most versatile and capable all terrain drive system available: you control whether it's in rear wheel drive, all wheel drive, four wheel drive, locked rear differential, locked center differential, etc. Adjustable suspension. Great ground clearance. Great driver visibility (except for low rearward). 7 seat capacity. Very comfortable seating, middle and rear seats recline! Good, stiff ride and better handling than most SUVs. Small footprint makes it easy to park.
Cons: Gas mileage (typical of all SUVs).
Overall review: An excellent SUV, very underrated. I'll keep this one until it falls apart.
reliable, and still fun! by montero in so. oregon on 01/13/2005. Trim: 1996 Mitsubishi Montero SR, Owned 1 year.
Pros: lots of interior room! very practical, Great in the snow, with a good set of tires. I have a rino grill and ski rack, so I like the style. Mine was in a wreck before I bought it, but I still like it! Great visability, great sunroof, I heard about montero's from someone I did a loan for, apparently these and nissans do really good in the african mud, I guess that's why the 4wd is so great. the kids love it, and they love the great big sunroof!
Cons: maybe because of the wreck, lots of squeeks. could use a little more power, but does fine on it's own... I just like more power! the center console should be bigger! needs wider rims, tires set in too much.
Overall review: great suv, peppy, great in the snow, I prefer this to my 5.9 liter durango, the durango puts too much power to the back wheels in 4wd. this is very reliable, still stylish, very practical, even got a better crash test rating than my 99 durango, would recommend for a family of 4, just get wider rims to help with stability from rolling. why don't ALL suv's have wider rims to help with stability to keep it from rolling!???
A great value by Wyldman in Tucson, AZ on 08/23/2004. Trim: 1996 Mitsubishi Montero LS, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Love the comfort and roominess. Love the off-road capabilities, and use them frequently (no less that every other day on the average). Overall, reliability is absolutely outstanding. Considering the harsh treatment mine receives almost daily, it has been remarkably trouble free. Living in Tucson, where almost every day from the end of May to the middle of September exceeds 100 degrees f, the air conditioning works GREAT. I also like the neatly folding third row seating.
Cons: There are a few minor problems. The power sunroof doesn't work right anymore. The power windows are getting pretty sluggish. The front seats don't really cushion the old tush very well. The level of complexity under the hood makes this one untouchable for all but the most serious shade-tree mechanics. There are some pretty annoying rattles and squeaks. The engine works hard, but there just isn't enough torque for good highway passing.
Overall review: I bought this vehicle used for a very reasonable price, and I'm VERY pleased overall. This buggy goes anywhere I've asked it to go, and does it with comfort and ease. Towing capacity is quite a bit better than you would expect considering the 3.0 engine size. The rattles and squeaks, as well as the power window and sunroof problems, are most likely a result of the fairly harsh off-road use. To date, with 124,000 miles and counting (20,000 of which I put on), there have been NO mechanical problems to speak of, just routine maintenance so far. That's pretty impressive when you consider how often I've had this buggy airborne. For the money, I don't believe I could have come close with anything else.
NIce Ride by Mattman on 08/12/2003. Trim: 1996 Mitsubishi Montero LS, Owned less than 1 year.
Overall review: Good Truck Nice Room Good Power
2 3 4 5 6  Next