1995 Mitsubishi Montero

1995 Mitsubishi Montero pictures are not available
1995 Mitsubishi Montero Prices
1995 Mitsubishi Montero Fuel Economy
Sir Smoke-A-Lot by Matt from CT on 03/04/2006. Trim: 1995 Mitsubishi Montero LS, Owned 5 years.
Pros: What's great is the high seat, the ability to accelerate, the stable ride and the overall handling
Cons: What I hate about the 1995 is the warping of the front rotors and the leaking valve seals -which costs me half as much in oil as gasoline does, as well as the harmonic balancer bolt that likes to pop off every once and a while (just for fun!), the bad ignition switch, the faulty rear doorlock and the leaky(air) front windshield trim.
Overall review: Overall, I think its a great ride and the problems it has are pretty much indemic of all mitsubishis of that year. The car is great but Mitsubishi Corp is another thing altogether as is the extortionary pricing of the Mitsubishi dealership garages. Would I buy it again? The oil seals make me say no, but the ride is yes, yes, yes
Solid all-weather vehicle still going strong at 233,000 miles! by RabanoWriter on 02/06/2012. Trim: 1995 Mitsubishi Montero LS, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: I love my '95 Montero! I currently have 233,000 miles on it and we'll drive this until we can't drive it anymore. My neighbor is an engineer and designs car bumpers. He said they just don't make them like they've made the bumper on my '95 model. Very solid vehicle! Great in all weather conditions. Engine and transmission was just checked out and is still going strong. Seven passenger seating works well for a carload of kids. This vehicle has suited our family of four very well. My oldest daughter was 4 when we bought the Montero new. Now she'll be driving it at age 21 and I know she'll be safe. Love the four wheel drive/all wheel drive--solid in snow.
Cons: Gas mileage is 13 city and 16 highway; should have rust-proofed the car when we purchased it; defrosting the passenger side has always been challenging; air conditioning can be expensive ($100/per summer for freon and if you don't replace you can ruin the air conditioning system, creating a repair of around $1,000.
Overall review: I put up with a lot of harassment when I bought this car in Michigan in '95 instead of buying an American car. But now, sixteen years later, this car is still running strong at 233,000 miles!! That bumper has protected my family from harm's way when other cars have hit us. Their car was totaled, our car was solid. Thank you Mitsubishi!
BEST Vehical I have ever had by J.W.DESSERTS on 12/01/2006. Trim: 1995 Mitsubishi Montero LS, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Head room,acceleration,A/C,Ability to oversee other vehicals, Handleing,4WD......
Cons: I have had a creek in the frontend since 97 & NO one can figure it out.Back door too heavy for the hinge.
Overall review: I bought this Montero new in 95 & still drive it every day.At 180,000 mi I wonder when I will need a new vehical & dreding taking a chance on something else when this truck has been so great.I deliver wedding cakes in the summer & the A/C has worked beautifully on those 90 days. I had a wedding in a bad snow storm (30") I put it in 4WD & took off fortunitly the cake got there in time but the guests did not. I think this vehical is under rated for a family of 4 & inlaws who come to town too often it is great.
Worst SUV ever! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/16/2006. Trim: 1995 Mitsubishi Montero SR, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Nothing! It has been a nightmare from day one.
Cons: Repairs are very expensive! Parts are hard to find. Both back window lift motors had to be replaced, then the master control in the driver's door had to be replaced. Transmission shot by 90K miles, engine has poor acceleration and performance. Feels like a tank when leaving a light. Leather seats are a joke- hard, crack easily. 3rd row of seats are a joke unless you are under 5 years of age as there is no leg-room. Plastic tape used to protect the wheel well flares yellowed very early on. Cannot access anything underneath without removing 2 interlocking skid plates. Windshield seal had to be replaced at 65K miles. Motor mount broke at 75K miles, even though we never took it off road!!
Overall review: Bought in 2000, every year we have had at least one major repair on this thing. Husband would not consider getting rid of it, so now it sits inoperable when the cranshaft went. Costs as much as a "new" engine to replace it, and a "new" engine would already have over 120K miles on it. It's sitting, dead, with only 163K miles on it. I expected far better from Mitsubishi, and will NEVER buy another one, new or used!
MY HORSIE TRUCK by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/02/2004. Trim: 1995 Mitsubishi Montero SR, Owned 5 years.
Pros: SUNROOF FACTORY CD AND TAPE/FM AM STEREO VINYL PLUSH SEATING FOR SEVEN PEOPLE BUCKET SEATS IN BACK OR ARRANGE FOR STORAGE IN BACK MANY COMPARTMENTS GREAT CAR STURDY CAN RUN FOR MILES
Cons: TIRES CAN BE EXPENSIVE BUT WORTH IT
Overall review: LOVE MY MONTERO