1999 Mercury Villager

1999 Mercury Villager Prices
1999 Mercury Villager Fuel Economy
GREAT VAN by MEATHEAD -OHIO on 06/09/2002. Trim: 1999 Mercury Villager Base, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Everything,short wheelbasem drives like a car instead of a van,should keep making them.
Overall review: excellent
Villager, Better than a Quest! by Ray from Corona on 10/25/2010. Trim: 1999 Mercury Villager Estate, Owned 9 years.
Pros: It's a Nissan in disguise! Middle and back seats fold down flat so as to fit a 4'X8' board inside, but there better be only 2 people in the car or someone is WALKING home! The leather interior is really nice BUT, watch those kids with the sharp objects! The all digital dash looks really cool when on. The two-tone paint sceme with matching 16" wheels looks really nice and is not dated, the vehicle doesn't look like a 10 year old van! I honestly think this is one of the best looking vans out there.
Cons: I'm 6', 300lbs, and I'm just too snug in this van (I fit comfortably in a Honda Odyssey) and you have almost no space behind the 3rd row seats when they're all the way back. The radio/dvd has gone out twice.
Overall review: A nice van for small families but if you have more than 2 kids, I would consider a longer van. Having a Nissan running gear makes for a trustworthy vehicle and I think the Mercury Villager body style is much nicer looking, especially the Estate model.
excellent auto by joe kokomo on 10/31/2009. Trim: 1999 Mercury Villager Estate, Owned 4 years.
Pros: handiling comfort & style
Cons: hard ride
Overall review: very good auto
CHECK THE SAFETY RATING ON THIS VAN! by Safer in my new van! on 06/28/2007. Trim: 1999 Mercury Villager Estate, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Feels like you're driving a car rather than a minivan. Has the interior size of a minivan. Generally reliable for me. Smaller engine meant it was likely to be more fuel efficient. Built with a Nissan engine and NOT a Ford minivan engine (which I had had problems with in the past).
Cons: THE SAFETY! PLEASE CHECK THE SAFETY RATINGS ON THIS VAN BEFORE PURCHASING!! My girlfriend and I owned the exact same van. Same color and everything (by coincedence). She got into a bad accident in hers on I-95 in May. Both of her femurs were broken, her ankle shattered, her foot broken in several places, along with some more minor injuries. The next month, my van's ABS computer locked up, which caused my brakes to lock up. Considering my milage and the repair cost, I figured it was time for a new van. When researching, I happened to check out the safety rating on my old van. THE GENERAL SAFETY RATING ON THIS VAN IS POOR!!
Overall review: CHECK THE SAFETY RATINGS ON THIS VAN !!! YOUR FAMILY'S LIFE MAY DEPEND ON IT! No matter how cute, or well equipped or mechanically sound this vehicle might be, it does NOT excusee this OVERALL POOR safety rating. Your life, or that of your family, could depend on those ratings. Think twice about this van!
good used van by tns on 03/22/2006. Trim: 1999 Mercury Villager Estate, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I bought it used and have not had any problems with the van and there are almost 100,000 miles on it
Cons: If you are tall you have a hard time gettin comfortable
Overall review: good van even though I bought it used