1999 Mercury Cougar

Not as cool as it looks! by Unknown from Indianapolis on 07/29/2006. Trim: 1999 Mercury Cougar V6, Owned 6 years.
Pros: I love the look of the cougar and the comfort level when driving.
Cons: I have had numerous problems with the car and I take very good care of it. It doesn't seem to be holding up that well and the interior is falling apart. It doesn't seem to be a very well made car.
Overall review: Overall I would probably not reccommend this car to others.
lemon city by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/10/2004. Trim: 1999 Mercury Cougar V6, Owned 6 years.
Pros: This car looks nice but that is about it.
Cons: My car was in the shop 6 times alone last year. I understand why they stopped making these. Nothing but problems. Mostly electrical, rotars, brakes, alternator etc...
Overall review: Nice car, not reliable at all.
Buyer beware. by Tom on 05/11/2009. Trim: 1999 Mercury Cougar V6, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Looks nice, lots of trunk space, thats about it.
Cons: Electric system went bad, horrible suspension, seat controls went out, lights short out all the time, engine light is always on, eats tires up (tire alignment is going to cost 2200 dollars because underside is all messed up), trunk cover broke off,
Overall review: no
Perfect Car by mduckor on 03/06/2007. Trim: 1999 Mercury Cougar V6, Owned 9 years.
Pros: Brakes are great and handles well. I like the styling. Fun to drive.
Cons: I have the automatic and I've always wished the car had more horsepower. The engine is too big for the compartment; therefore it can be hard for my mechanic to work on the car. When the check engine light illuminated for the first time, my mechanic figured out what sensor failed, but could reach it with a tool. Also, when I had the flex plate replaced, it cost me $1500. $ 90 for the part, $1410 for labor, because the dealer had to remove the transmission.
Overall review: This car has everything I need. I have been looking at new cars for years. But after I drive my Cougar, I don't want to sell it. I bought the car new in July of 1998 with 24 miles. I now have 98k miles. The only major failures I have had were: sunroof tracks failed, flex plate & starter, 2 oxygen sensors failed, CD player failed. But that's pretty much it. I still love the car and plan to drive it to 150k.
No Good. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/17/2006. Trim: 1999 Mercury Cougar V6, Owned 4 years.
Pros: It looked nice.
Cons: Everything seemed to break. Handling is bad. Seating is bad.
Overall review: I would not recommend it to anyone.